That's how most stories start, right? I couldn't think of anything else. :) Anyway, as I begin to catch up on the whirlwind of the past 10 weeks or so, it seems the best place to start is at the beginning!
As many of you know, the usual fun, exciting journey to start a family was anything but for us. It was full of alot of heartache month and after month, holiday after holiday etc... We had been seeing a Fertility Specialist for over a year (after we had tried on our own for over a year) by February of 2010. I had been on every medicine combination of pill, pill+shot, you name it. Infertility is a beast and it had worn down my spirit, my relationship with the Lord, my relationship with my husband, friends, family...everyone! Fertility Docs have a ladder approach to get you pregnant as quick as possible. You start on step 1, only stay on that a few months, then quickly move to step 2 and so on. After a year of staying on steps longer than they event wanted me to and having to take several months off b/c of cysts that had developed from the medication, we found ourselves almost to the top of the ladder (IVF)! We did not have peace on that particular procedure for our specific situation, (at least not at the time) so in my emotional roller coaster of a head, I felt we had reached the end our rope (or ladder). Silly me, looking back, how could I have confined the Omnipotent Creator of everything we know and do not know to a man-made medicinal ladder! That is just one of hundreds of lessons we have learned.
Anyway, after ALOT (and I can't explain what I mean by ALOT) of prayer and fasting and discussion, we both agreed on the IUI procedure. We agreed that if this did not work in one or two tries, then it was time to stop. My body needed break from the medicine, my mind needed a break from charting everything related to fertility and we just needed some time outside of a doctors office! So,February 17th we went in. I have to put in here that I was so discouraged when we went in because the medicine had only produced 2 follicles that month. In the previous months, I had had as many as 4! Since 4 didn't work, I was convinced 2 didn't give us a good chance. hehehe we will all see the irony of that in a few posts. :) Just another fingerprint of God showing us He knew exactly what He was doing. We endured the IUI (NO walk in the park) and spent the rest of the day together. We went to our church and prayed for a while in the Prayer Suite. Minus the physical pain and discomfort, it really was a peaceful day. Now began the dreaded two week wait.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment