Its so funny how Doctors come in just like its any ordinary day. He was very talkative and was asking alot of questions. I was like "just stop talking to me and lets get the picture on the screen!". Eventually he did and there it was...a beautiful dark sac with a perfect little white blob in it. He was quick to see the heartbeat which immediately allowed me to breathe again. He measured the baby and said it was perfectly where it needed to be! Check! I was beginning to relax and feel good about everything when he said (almost haphazardly) that he wanted to take a look around and make sure everything else looked good. With one move of the wand and BAM! another black sac appears! We of course had no idea what we were looking at and again the Doctor, almost haphazardly says " nope, there's another one - your having twins!."
Ryan says "what?" several times. I say nothing for a second, then go into Mother-Hen mode and immediately start asking about heartbeats, is it measuring right, it is ok.... Yes, yes, yes! After a few more minutes of taking measurements the Doc leaves us in the room. We cry, praise the Lord, laugh, cry, pray again and giggle. For me at least, I didn't feel like anything in our life had changed in that point. That darn Devil just wont let you enjoy any of God's blessings for a second, will he? I immediately began thinking about the week ahead...we had to get past 8 weeks (last pregnancy) before this was really happening.
Below is the pic of both babies in the same shot. Baby B(on the left) is going to be out trouble-maker. It is VERY hard to get Baby B in any picture. I love this picture with all of my heart...look at our little babies!

We ended up taking the rest of the day off just to praise the Lord and enjoy our new news. We had fun telling our family and friends who were fervently praying for us all morning. If Ryan can do some editing down of the video, I'll post the video when we found out it was twins...you will be impressed with Baby B's magical dissapearing/ appearing acts!
No comments:
Post a Comment