Monday, May 10, 2010

The Infamous 10 weeks!

Just happened to be on my birthday - April 14th. What a birthday gift :) I have prayed and prayed and at times almost begged the Lord to reach this day. We had a wonderful appointment with my Doc. We went over everything specific to twins and we talked in more detail about my timeline for twins. Quite a different world I"m beginning to realize. This is really happening and its happening very differently from anything I have heard or known from my friends or family!

We are really starting to get excited now. We have been eagerly awaiting this u/s to see the infamous 10week update. **on a side note, the devil had really found a loophole and planted in my brain that Baby B wasn't going to make it. It has always measured a bit smaller than Baby A and it just seemed out there on its own. Ryan had done his best to try to help me see things logically and realistically (his strong suite) but I just continued to really struggle. The night before our appointment, I truly believe the Lord gave me a dream. It was vivid and clear and I do not dream on a usual basis. I saw us in Rex Hospital with two baby carts in the room...one had a pink blanket, one had a blue blanket. I woke up from the dream with a peace that I believe "passeth understanding." I woke Ryan up and told him about the dream....there were TWO babies in the dream, they were both going to make it ! I went back to sleep and slept the best I had the entire pregnancy (still haven't slept that good to this day!) :)

So back to the U/S. She shows us the pic on the screen and there they are! So big she can't get them in the same shot anymore...all you see is their heads. Picture Below.




They are measuring exactly as they need to be for twins and get this...we see them move! We joked that they look like the little Mii characters on the Wii Game System.
They have stubbs for arms and legs but they were moving all around. We weren't expecting that at all! What a tremendous blessing!

Here is Baby A...head down (stay that way!) how cute!




And here is Baby B (after giving the Doc a hard time to get on camera!)




We left with our instructions on how to care for these precious babies. More on that later. Yea! Its time to sound the alarms and tell the world...before they start asking questions about this ridiculous belly I have popped overnight. We tell our Lifeclass at church which is something we had been dreaming of doing for years. It was SUCH a sweet time, we laughed and cried and praised the Lord together. So many of them had prayed alongside us the entire journey...it was our blessing to see the Lord answer their prayers too! Such love and support from that group...we love them to death!

3 comments:

  1. we all know how the Lord can speak to us in dreams ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Casey, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I just read through all your posts and of course I'm sitting here sobbing and joining you in praising God, and Leiana is very confused. She is giving me this look that says, "You already knew a lot of this, Mom, you talk to Miss Casey at Bible study." LOL Well, apparently you have a gift for writing :) Just think, in a little over two years you are going to have TWO little 18 month olds giving you hugs and kisses, walking around, asking for specific favorite foods, and singing nonsense words to various songs while you're driving in the car! Hooray! God is good!

    Love ya! Continuing to pray for a healthy pregnancy and renewed energy for you (that exhaustion is killer... hopefully you'll get a bit more energy for a bit now that you're in 2nd trimester). See you Monday!

    ~Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading of your incredible journey of God's grace and faithfulness! I just rejoice with you and Ryan. God has answered my prayers for you! It will be such a joy to have twins running around at all the family events. My kids will absolutely love them, I'm sure! Keep trusting Him. I'm learning that His journey is certainly exciting and always fulfilling! He's a merciful God. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete