Tuesday, May 11, 2010

10 week stats

So when we officially hit 10 weeks, I started keeping track of more things as our base week to compare to. Here is our starting point...I have a feeling I'll be looking back at this picture longingly in a few months.




Due Date: So, our official due date, on paper, is November 10th. My Doctor will not let me go past 38 weeks (which is full term for twins) so that puts us end of October. 60% of twin pregnancies are delivered before 36 weeks so that puts us begining of October (10-10-10 to be exact!) That would be a fun Birthday. So we had been mentally preparing for October when my doctor shocks us by saying I needed to do whatever I could do to make it to mid-September. Excuse me? You just cut off another entire month. September is definately not ideal (putting me at 34 weeks) but a very real possibility. September means the babies stay in the NICU for a while and more complications to deal with. So our goal is still anything in October, the later the better.

Weight: I heard what every girl dreams of....my doctors exact words were that there was no upper limit...gain, gain, gain. Study after study (I feel I have read all of them) show that there is a direct corelation between the amount of weight I gain and how healthy / more developed the babies are at birth..whether born earlier or later. So no pressure, right? ha. The only thing I have to worry about is a minimum..not gaining enough weight.

Bed Rest: all up to me and how the babies are doing. I was thankful to hear they wont put me on mandatory bed rest, but it will be up to me to rest early in the pregnancy and keep the blood pressure down. If anything, she said prepare for end of August/ maybe September as being put to bed. We'll pray against that :)

Mandatory C Section?: I was pleased to hear that as long as one baby (the one closest to birth canal) is head down then I can try for a natural delivery. However, the slightest complication and off to the OR we go.

1 comment:

  1. Those babies will take what they need to survive and grow, leaving you deficient (iron, food, fat, etc.). So, by all means, eat up girl. One baby requires an extra 300 calories a day, so I'm sure twins require AT LEAST 600 or more. It's hard work growing one baby, especially two! I love your blog and reading up on your weekly progress. Pics are great too. LOVE the "babies bump!" :-) Oh, by the way, there's a body pillow that you need to get use to about now -- - forget the 3 pillow thing! Body pillow (or two) are awesome - supports your back and tummy. Watch out Ryan! :-)

    ReplyDelete