Monday, May 10, 2010

8 weeks...yes we made it!

Monday, March 29th was the hardest, yet most anticipated day in the pregnancy so far. It was our 8 week u/s. This was the u/s where we couldn't find a heartbeat last year. It was a full blown battle all week not to let the devil have any foothold. It took a constant state of prayer and referring to my verse and prayer notecards in my purse. Again, we didn't really say anything the morning of this appointment either. We prayed together in the room before the nurse came in. The Doc came in, again, I didn't offer any chit-chat...just wanted us to get to it! He throws the image on the screen we immediately see it....a heartbeat! Me and Ryan were trained at this point on what to look for. We both saw it and out loud breathed a sign of relief. Baby A had grown just as it should have...perfect! Over to Baby B and we see it, a heartbeat and a great measurement. The Doctor has nothing but positive things to say and says he is going to....release us from the fertility clinic! OH my! I have dreamed and prayed for this day for 18 months! It was finally here...although I love the care and compassion the nurses gave us,I was more than happy to say Good Riddance! As we walked out,I told Ryan I felt like we should have roses and "pomp and circumstance" playing in the background for our big graduation day. ahhahaha no such thing, but it was a wonderful day for us.

We felt more comfortable telling a few folks...I think we're going to have to soon...this belly is growing a litte faster than I anticipated!

Our babies...didn't they do a good job of growing!?





Baby A...





Baby B...

No comments:

Post a Comment