Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a flurry of activity...

No, not in my womb....on the blog! hehe. First let me confess my apologies for being such a bad blogger! I really didn't know that many people even read it! hehe So, despite my verbal lashings, I'm excited to find out that people read this blog! yea! Also, sorry dear babies...since this blog is for you, I promise alot has been happening in your lives the past month...ALOT! I didn't forget about you two :) So, get comfy with a snack, if you've been waiting for updates, Operation Little Blog Catch-Up '10 is about to begin...

28 weeks was a quiet week for the most part. The first part of the week I just worked on different projects around the house and tried to keep cool in the 100 degree weather. This was my 3rd week of bedrest at home and something needed to change! So I prayed and prayed and thankfully the Lord changed my stubborn heart. He told me He gave me this time for a reason and despite everyone telling me it's a time for me and that I'll beg for time like this later on...it really isn't for me. It's for my babies...they need me to stop and slow down so they can grow and develop as long as they can. I was being very selfish in my discontent to stay at home and rest. (now, no doubt I agree I will beg and plead for time like this later on, but for now, its not about me!).

That weekend, Ryan went to Florida for a college friends' wedding. I obviously couldn't travel so I had my last time apart on my own before babies come! It went by quick...mostly in part to a wonderful circle of friends / family who kept me company! I had dinner with friends Friday night, slept til noon the next day and did some nursery stuff, went to church Sunday, ate with family to celebrate BRADS BIRTHDAY, then Ryan came home! So as you can see....not too shabby:)

The excitement picked up when Ryan came home Sunday...apparently he has the immune system of a nursery toy and can pick up anything floating around in an airport. (remember Peru!!>?>>) He started feeling sick that night and ended up catching a horrible head cold and staying home from work 2 days! I dont remember him staying home that long from work our entire marriage so far...so while it was awesome having someone here with me during the day to talk to...we had to do it from different rooms...again! Thankfully the Lord protected me and the babies, we never caught it and stayed well. I joked with Ryan that I would start sharing my prenatal vitamins with him to boost his immunity before these babies get here! All of these sick days aren't going to work well with two tiny babies! :)

Here's a fun picture from this week....Snuggle is enjoying his new "shelf" to sit on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment