I went to the Doctor twice this week (31 weeks). My OB appointment went great, medically speaking. BP, heartbeats, lab work all came back perfecto. Only gained 2 lbs the past 2 weeks so we are up to 42 total so far. Cervix still closed and I"ve had no contractions! Babies looked good on the U/S with Caden doing yet another circ de soleil move and ending up breech. Steady Jenna is still head down, ready to come!
The appointment was going along great until we got to my activity discussion. I immediately went into defense mode and told them how I was doing very well taking it easy...only doing one outing a day (sometimes not even doing that!) and really slowing down in my opinion. Well, stink...shouldn't have said that much because my Doctor gave me a look and said " no more. " I "graduated" to strict bedrest...staying lying down as much as possible to keep gravity and weight off of my cervix. Her exact words were that " you get an outing a week now...and that is to come see me - your Doctor!" ick. After some explanation I understand why they are doing this as a preventative action. I have two babies, two placentas, two amniotic sacs (one which is super full remember), lots of extra blood and I'm measuring 40 weeks now. So naturally my body is going to think its go time since all of these factors are in play. So the more I stay flat, the less gravity is working against me, the longer the babies stay in...that simple:)
After a day of pouting, I'm better now...this is what is needed for the babies, it wont be long...a small sacrifice on my part to keep these babies out of the NICU.
Now, move forward to Monday when we went to the specialist to see the babies! Our u/s tech had a tough time seeing who was where and what body part belonged to who...we are running out of room in there! Babies look great, heartbeats awesome, all organs working great. J is still stubborn as her mama, no pics of her and Caden did his dance and has moved transverse again. This time, he turned to face my back too so he politely declined any pictures:) Everything went great and we found out how much these little blessings weigh...maybe "little" is the wrong word... drum roll please....
Jenna is 4 lbs and Caden is 4 lbs, 5 ounces!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? Whoa!We have some big ole babies in there! We are so thankful they are growing and healthy. All the eating is paying off!
And then for the most amazing news of the day: Caden's fluid level is perfectly NORMAL! Thank you for your prayers....here is proof that the Lord answered them! They want the babies fluid sac to be under 8....at some appointments, Cadens' was twice the amount of Jenna's and close to the 10 mark. Yesterday it was down to 5.8. Yea! Thank you Lord and thank you for your prayers! We are humbled at how well this pregnancy is going and how the Lord is blessing these babies growth! I don't have to go back to the specialist for a MONTH!...that is, if we make it another month! yiippee!
No pictures of babies this time, we're out of room in this small one bedroom..... :)
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praise the Lord Casey for a great appointment and perfect fluid levels! I'm so happy for you...and there is no question you are keeping those babies in another month... We are making it to at least 36 weeks!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, girl. You might be like my old high school friend who had her twins a week before I had Robbie. Both of her boys were bigger than 8 lbs! So glad that they're growing so well.
ReplyDelete