I was so excited for this shower! YM1 is our Lifeclass at church that we have been part of for 4ish years. YM stands for "Young Marrieds." I made my friend Caitlin promise to host my shower if we ever had a baby, even if we were all old and grey and moved away. Bless her heart, in the midst of buying a new home and renovating it, she kept her end of the deal and hosted a beautiful shower!!! I'm so thankful for her and the many many others who went in and contributed to our special day. I'm sure I dont even know everyone who brought a food item, drink, chair, decoration etc... My heart was full and my cup definitely ran over that day!
The girls had awesome decorations all over....they doubled as presents! Cute little Onesies were hanging all around. So creative!
One thing I could guarantee you....the food would be awesome with the cooks in our class! I think I ate myself sick...definitely did my part to gain weight on this day! Really wishing I had some of those oreo balls and chocolate dipped oreo's right now...Look at my face...I dont even know where to start!!!
Hehe and look at Sarah's face...she looks just as distraught as I do about what to cram on the plate!!!
The girls all wrote their best Parenting Advice on notecards for me and ryan to have and refer back to....very relevant, very truthful and very funny cards I have to refer back to!
I love all of our friends...they are truly excited for us and have prayed for us and these babies more than I'll ever know on this side of Heaven! So thankful for them!
In case you didn't believe me, take a look at these pics...I was blown away at the love that was shown to these babies in the form of gifts! So many people gave so much, it really touched me and Ryan both. We are so thankful!
Adorable little piggy banks!
Now Jenn, is that necessary? hehe She will kill me for putting this up here..
So this is me passing on the frame before I absolutely break out into my "ugly cry" as Oprah calls it. My friend Briana and her mom put together this frame that I truly truly treasure. Its the first picture we have of Caden and Jenna and the Bible verse: Jeremiah 1:5..."Before I made you in your Mother's womb, I Chose You." It took me by surprise and in one flash I re-lived the past 2 years wondering if God had it in His will for us to be parents. I longed to have a YM1 shower for a long time...and there I was with not one but two babies growing inside!

What a wonderful, blessed day. Thank you to all who were involved! Not even sure who reads this, but anyway... :)
Love these girls who planned and gave so much!!!!
It was such a special shower, and I'm so glad that I was invited to come! And you are right: That food was incredible!!! So special and it was clear that you are so loved!
ReplyDeletewhat an amazing day it was indeed. We love you and those babies so much!!
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to be there to celebrate with you!
ReplyDeleteI read this! :) It was a very fun day, and I am so glad I got to come celebrate with you! :) We need to have another play-date soon! (we're heading to Cali tomorrow, but I will call you when we get back!)
ReplyDelete~Jenelle (because I can't figure out blogger and how to get it to say my name instead of "fantasy writer")