Wednesday, August 11, 2010

27 weeks

We had TWO appointments this week since we were gone to the lake last week....love weeks like this! We get to see our babies twice! At my doctors appointment, all was well, blood pressure is staying low but my weight gain has slowed down ALOT...so far its been right on schedule with what I have read in my book. From here on out it is too hard to keep up nutritionally with what they need just eating alone, so they will start taking from the fat I stored in the first / second trimesters. ( Dear Babies: please take the fat I left for you on my arms and hips please :) Thanks.)

I've gained 40 big whoppers with hopefully 9 more weeks to go - that would put me at 36 weeks on October 10th! I have to take another Glucose test again at my next appointment since I had my first test so early and since my risk for developing Gestational Diabetes is so much higher with multiples. ick. My first real complaint came this week as far as the pregnancy goes. Apparently, my hands are swelling so much that they are pushing my fingers out of joint. In the morning I can hardly bend any of my fingers...really looks and feels like they are broken. It has slowly crept up to my wrist now too. Thank goodness I had lots of wrist surgeries so I had plenty of wrist guards to choose from...ha!

Friday afternoon we went to the specialist for our second appointment to see the babies!!! I haphazardly asked the tech if she could just confirm we were having a boy / girl....and oh my we are confirmed. Let's just say for the first 2 minutes of my appointment they were not shy! :) Of course after that they turned around, faced my back and dug in. We didn't even get any pictures this time b/c they were so comfy in there. We did monitor the extra fluid situation that they have been tracking. Caden still is above the limit they want to see but they have ruled out Gest Diabetes, his kidneys work great, he can swallow with no problem, no structural issues to see ....so they have just said he has extra fluid - let him swim! It still puts me at a higher risk for preterm labor, so I have a double whammy in this category: I'm carrying multiples and I have extra Amniotic Fluid. ick. They are going to have me come in every 2 weeks to the specialist now too - so I"m up to 4 appointments a month! Thank the Lord for insurance.

Thank you so much for your prayers for these babies, they have been heard! The Doc was so overwhelmingly pleased with their growth and size! Jenna is in the 83rd percentile for twins' weight scale and Caden is in the 90th percentile! Jenna is already 2 lb 9 oz and Caden is 2 lb 10 oz!!! They are still right together, only an ounce apart. So...so far, they are getting the nutrition they need and the same amount! Thank you, Lord Jesus! (I was very pleased to learn that Of my 40 lbs, 5 of it is already pure baby! Plus two amnio sacs, extra blood, two placenta's...maybe I wont have too much pure fat to loose? A girl can dream.....) hehe

We went to the Triangle Mother of Twins & Triplets Consignment sale on Friday night. Since I'm a member, we got to go in early on Friday night and see what kind of inventory they had. We were totally the new people since we only brought a hamper / duffle bag. Other moms had super rigged out contraptions on wheels and a very serious, hard-core face. Our entire goal was to get a Double Snap-n-Go stroller..there were 5 there all ranging in price. I somehow managed to pull a horrible number (310) so we were in the back of the line to get in. As soon as we were in, I sent Ryan ahead of me since he can walk a bit faster than me these days and thank the Lord there was ONE left! As we were looking at it, it was the cheapest one too! So then we were paranoid that something was wrong with it so we pushed and pulled and inspected for like 10 minutes - Praise the Lord, He kept it there for us! So with that mission accomplished, we just casually strolled the rest of the building and splurged on a few cute outfits (by splurge I mean $2 and $3 outfits!hehe) and misc items. Very good experience, calm, organized, and next spring we will be pro's!

I had another shower on Saturday hosted by " the moms " - that is a separate post!

So after this crazy weekend, I was worn slap out on Sunday and as big as a balloon in puffiness! I took it easy on Monday and shrunk back to normal :)

Last bit of exciting news: THE CRIBS ARE UP! Only took Rhino 1.5 hours! I love them, they are adorable!! Now, time to start decorating.........

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see an update from you! Praise the Lord for growing, concordant babies!!!! And I am so glad that you found the double snap-n-go. It will be a life saver:) Can't wait to see nursery pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow Babies Grow!! :) And the cribs look great! Ryan looked worn out though. haha! Snuggle was as cute as he could be (as always)! Love all the updates.

    ReplyDelete