Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A HUGE 29 weeks!

* Note: keep scrolling down to read the new blog posts in order...major catching up to do today!



Mega happenings this week! So Mega...here they are in bullet form:


1- Had a Doc Appt at my Doctor's office. Had to take ANOTHER Gestational Diabetes test even though I passed my first one since I'm such a higher risk of developing it. Ick. Ick. My doctor measured me and I am officially measuring a full 40 weeks. Yep, look at the Blog post again...I'm only 29. Oh, how is this stomach going to stretch for 2 more months!??? At least I'll know what I would have looked like with one baby full term :) My Blood Pressure is still perfect and Hallelujah,Praise the Lord, my Iron has not dropped at all ! Both my nurse and my Doctor were shocked and told me to keep doing whatever I was doing ! Some other interesting news: I had only gained 1 lb in 2 weeks so at first I was concerned about this and worried. However, a few days later I went to the specialist to check on the babies and they are growing growing...so this means they are eating all of that fat I stored for them in the 1st and 2nd trimesters! yea! :) So I'm now officially at 39 lbs of extra Casey, not rounding up like I have been to 40 :)
**Update: I passed my second Glucose test too ! No Gest Diabetes for me!

2- One night this week we had a major happening in the womb...I had no idea what was going on, but I called it an "epic battle" happening in my stomach. I almost called Ryan b/c I didn't know if this was labor or what! My stomach was literally alive in all places moving around like 10,000 gremlins were in there. It was SO painful! Anyway, after about an hour it stopped and all was peaceful again and I went back to sleep...but what in the world! (we would later find out...keep reading!)

3- So, out of the blue earlier in the week, our Specialist called and said she wanted me to start coming ever 2 weeks now to keep an eye on the extra fluid issue. Of course I freaked out a little bit wondering why they wanted to see me so often if it was just extra fluid / "let him swim" like they said last time. But at the same time, I was excited to see the babies yet again and praying we would see Baby Jenna this time! The appt was quick...still a ton of fluid in Caden's sack, but both babies are healthy and moving. Turns out the "epic battle" was Caden moving from one side of my stomach, pushing his sister out of the way and going to the other side, then flipping upside down. Ouch buddy! There are alot of internal organs and another baby in there...we dont have room for that! So Jenna is still head down (we didn't get to see her yet again, no pictures :( ) and Caden is now currently breech, but still a ham in front of the camera. Look at my cute baby boy!

Hello Mini Ryan Little! He has Ryan's EXACT nose!






I think he looks like the Joker from Batman here...he was opening his mouth and swallowing when she snapped this :)




Please pray for this fluid situation to start receding. It still is no real threat to Caden, but the Doctor told me this time that as I get bigger, if the fluid continues to build that they will have to draw some of the fluid out so I can breathe and so the fluid does not become too constricting for Jenna's growth. We do NOT want that! The positive here is that we go to the Specialist 2 times a month now...so we will be seeing our sweet little ones just about every week between our two Doctors!

4- I had my long awaited, long anticipated YM1 (and friends) shower ! It deserves a post all by itself so keep watching! I'll just say that it was worth the extra 2 years of waiting! Awesome!

5- Finally, we praise the Lord for reaching it this far! The babies are now 95% viable!!!Our next big benchmark is 32 weeks (September 15th). This was my Doctor's minimum goal for me the entire time and if we reach this date, we will be able to deliver at Rex instead of a specialty hospital with an advanced NICU (WakeMed or Duke). Please help us pray for this important benchmark!

6- We also finished our "Preparing for Multiples" birthclass this week. We learned alot and saw alot! oh my ! But more than anything, it got us really excited and ready to see our babies!

4 comments:

  1. I love the 3D pictures of Caden! What a handsome little man, and boy does your situation sound familiar... Samantha was a ham for our ultrasounds but we could never get good ones of Samuel. Such is the life of twins, I guess.

    Praise the Lord for NO gestational diabetes. I'll be praying for your fluid levels to even out. But I rejoice with you in such a good healthy report overall! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOVE the new posts! Praying for that benchmark! Now your blogging has inspired me to get with it on mine :) Love you and so thankful for your sweet friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a beautiful pregnant lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for all of the wonderful updates! :) We are just so proud of you KC for resting and taking care of you and those Little ones.

    ReplyDelete