1- Found a bookshelf/extra set of drawers for the nursery. It is VERY old so Ryan worked and worked on it fixing it up and painting it. It. looks. awesome. I love it! (You will have to wait for nursery before/after pics to see it though)
2- Took a mound of cardboard 5 ft tall (exaggerating here) from all of our baby showers to the recycling place as well as bags and bags of stuff that needed to be shredded. It has been sitting in our bonus room all summer. ugh.
3- Got some guys to come out and paint our trim / garage door. This was Ryan's ultimate thorn-in-the-flesh. For some reason, it was bothering him so much! I must admit...good money spent, it looks awesome! Ryan = relieved. Check!
4- Went to Babies R Us and Target with our Registry Completion coupons / gift cards and finished up getting the bigger items we still needed. I have to stop and say Ryan was super-champ and ultimate husband. He went to every store and really helped me. He didn't just go and push the cart and tolerate our day. I love him so much for that! He helped me think through things and helped me not feel so alone when I had no idea what to pick or what this or that item was used for! hehe We had a good time.

5- Since we got most of our big items, we used this time to get the house ready by moving things, trips to goodwill, trips to the attic to store stuff and moving / setting up baby items! I have to say that it is really becoming real walking around the house seeing things like this:

It reminds me how awesome our God is and how thankful I am for His perfect plan. My "heart leaps for joy" like Psalm 28:7 says.
One of the items we scored big time on was the Baby Bjorns...I found 2 on Craigslist for super super deal. So we went and picked them up and came home to try to figure our how to work these things! We had a good time pulling and tugging and clicking until we got the hang of it. Ryan thought this was hilarious and snapped a shot...we both came to the conclusion it will probably work and fit better once the babies are OUT of the stomach :)
5- Last but not least, I know all of you are wondering about little Snuggle and how he is handling all of this change. First, he is a huge fan of my bedrest...

and second, he still brings out the charm when he is feeling a little left out and breaks out a move to get our attention....
I thank the Lord for this time we had to prepare and I thank the Lord for such an amazing husband. He is fully fully in this and ready to participate, help, sacrifice, love, care and guide these babies to serve and love the Lord. He is going to be an awesome Dad! Love you, Rhino!
So glad that you got all this done! I know you must feel so much better!
ReplyDeletePS. Love the shot of the two carseats:) Yay for twins!
I was overwhelmed at God's goodness to you and Ryan (and our whole family) when I saw the pic of the two carseats!! It just made me smile and rejoice deep within my heart! I know you have to be just SOOO excited about what lies ahead for you and Ryan. I can't wait to meet my nephew and niece and give them lots of love!! They will be very special and very loved people in our family's lives!! We're praying daily!
ReplyDelete