My sweet baby boy...how can it be? The past month for you has been so busy! We have thrown you in that carseat like a stuffed toy and carried you all over towns, states, stores, you name it. And yet you lay there and sleep, sleep, stare around and sleep. You are SUCH an easy baby...then again, maybe I would be saying that about any baby after having twins first, but truly, I know God gave us exactly what we could handle right now with your brother and sister in their current state (crazy 2 yr olds!). We have no issues with colic, gas , reflux (thank you sweet Jesus!), sleeping positions, self-soothing....nothing! wow! I think I've said it before but many times your Dad and I will look at each other and talk about how we were doing things with the twins at this point. Jenna had a ferocious fussy time between 8-11pm EVERY. single. night until she was about 12 weeks old. Not a peep out of you so far. Please keep that up buddy...it is mommy and daddy's first chance at sitting down all day :)
At around 6 weeks, you started giving side-mouth smiles. They can brighten any frustrating moment I might be going through! Gradually you learned the wide-open-mouth smile your brother used to give. It brings me to goo just about every time.
At 8 weeks you started the infamous baby blowouts. That is another trait I was fully appreciating - not having to change outfits 3 times a day like we did with bro and sis. Even now, you have yet to ruin an outfit. They are containable if we act fast:) Caden and Jenna love to come up while I'm changing you and yell in disgust "biiiigggg grrrooooossssss." It is hilarious.
Caden and Jenna have figured out your probably not going anywhere since you have stuck around this long. They walk up to you and say "hey Eastchaa" and bee-bop on their way. They are actually quite helpful to mommy when I need your paci or your blanket. I've caught Jenna trying to shove your paci in once, nothing to forceful, but something she probably doesn't need to feel entitled to do with her personality :) Their screaming, running around and occasional flying toy doesn't seem to bother you a bit. In fact, you move your head side to side watching them in the room.
I really think you are going to be a phenomenal sleeper once we get settled in one place at a time and your healed from your congestion. Your doing the occasional 5 hr stretch at night, but really your stuck in a 3 hr pattern all day and night. If we were at home in our separate rooms, I would you cry it out a bit and I'm sure you would go back down - your getting plenty of milk! Instead, we are either in the same room with you or right next door to you and don't want to wake up the rest of the house so I get you up and nurse you. At least you can sleep anywhere without trouble: a bassinet, an old cradle, a bouncy seat, your real crib, your car seat and empty dresser drawers :)You and me both will probably get a wrist slap at your 2 month appointment. You.Are.Huge!!!!! Not really, just compared to your siblings. Newborn sleepers are a thing of the past, newborn onesies look like spandex on you and my word...your so heavy!
You have two birthmarks...one is on your eyelid. We really didn't see it for weeks because your eyes were so bruised from your quick delivery. (your fault, not mine, buddy!) But you have a little red patch on one eyelid that the Doctor said will probably go away. Your second one is a bit bigger at the base of your neck. Alot of babies have this kind of birthmark so the Doctor said it may stay or go - we will see! Your skin appears to be as fragile as Caden's. Very sensitive! It has been so cold here that we keep the heat HIGH. We have to bathe you in lotion and Aquaphor or your little skin gets crackly and red. :(
Now...for your 2 month appointment. You got an A+ in everything! You are perfectly healthy and growing, growing. Thank you, Lord! We do not take it for granted! And for the numbers: you weigh 14lb 4oz!!!!! That is the 90-95%! What? The twins weight percentage has never been close to 90%...COMBINED! And your height is 24 inches (85%!!!) What? You are tall? Still trying to swallow that one... It is all in sync with your head circumference of 40.7 (90-95%). Wow. So I knew you were getting heavy, but did NOT expect this. So since birth, you have gained 1lb a week. Unbelievable! This every 3 hr feeding thing is going to stop immediately - you are apparently getting plenty of milk to sustain life and burst through the growth charts :) And, for comparison sake, and to show you why I'm wigging out about how fast you are growing: Caden and Jenna were 14 lbs at their SIX month appointment...6 months old to get where you are now at 2 months. How precious to have a chunky monkey with rolls! :)
We came home and took your "first shots" photo. I can't get over how much you look like your brother here. You were fussy that evening and that evening only. Whew!
And now, for some other random happenings during your 2nd month:
| Mommy tries to soak up her quiet moments with you: they are few and far between, let me tell ya! |
| You got to meet your "aunt/uncle/cousins": the Hudgins! They love you buddy and we love them! You will be seeing alot of them as you grow up:) |
| You were nice and did not spit up on Cousin Cullen. |
| Aunt Cindy! |
| Your eyes are still a deep, newborn blue. We will see if you keep Daddy's eyes, get Mommy's brown eyes, or land in the middle like your siblings. |
No comments:
Post a Comment