Thursday, October 14, 2010

Freedom!

I know I'm a broken record by now, but I CAN'T believe we made it this far! Maybe b/c every twin book and class and twin mom you meet in the store had their babies premature and try to prepare you for it. Yesterday I was 36 weeks pregnant with two beautiful babies! My labs were awesome , BP still low as ever, no Strep B...all good to go!

The babies looked great, still in the same positions and happy as can be. SOOOOO I got the news we've been praying for: NO more medication and I'm officially released off Bed rest! Hall-le-lu-jah! I asked her what she had seen as far as a timeline after medication and bedrest have been stopped. She said anywhere from 24 hours to having to be induced! So we really have no idea, but she is the second doctor who said she didn't think it would take long :) I'm still 1 cm, 50% effaced and J is at the minus 2 station. So, we still have a ways to go, but it sure does help when you have a brother on top of you pushing you down :)

Soooo....yesterday my mom and I celebrated! We went to Target, Panera Bread, Homegoods, then Ryan and I went back to Brier Creek after dinner, THEN I went on a walk in our neighborhood! It was fabulous, I felt totally energized and loose...sign me up for a 5k. :) I had a rough night "feeling" lots of things, time will tell if it was just all in my head or not :)

So now...we wait. Any day could be the day! woop de woop!

I have to stop and share the gratitude my heart feels. The Lord has been SO gracious to us during this process! I can't tell you how many calls, emails, visits our friends and family provided to help the days go by. Our parents have come over and cooked dinner, run errands, and called (daily just about hehe) for check-ups. My Aunt brought us a meal (and by meal I mean at least 2 dinners and a lunch) of delicious home cooked food EVERY week! My Mom has taken her new retirement time and spent it mostly on me - the past month especially - taking me to Doc appointments, cooking, cleaning my house and just keeping me company. And Ryan...what can I say. He is a champ - plain and simple :) He completely and wholly served me 24 hours a day and even got irritated with me when I tried to do something on my own! He has been a beautiful example to me of how to love others. The babies and I have no doubt Daddy loves us with his new resume of skills including but not limited to: cutting toe-nails, making fabulous grilled cheese sandwiches, cookies, yard sale auctioneer, bathroom cleaner, kitchen cabinet Clorox-er, vacuum master, tennis shoe fitter, baby nursery designer and picture hanger, and grocery shopper.

P.S. If you made it to the end of this post, here is your reward: COMING SOON (as in today probably) I will post pictures of the nursery! We finished it last night and I have to say, it.is.cute.

1 comment:

  1. Your list of "skills" that Ryan has assumed, remind me so much of what Jamie did when I was pregnant...the cutting toe-nails made me laugh, because Jamie not only did that but he also painted them and shaved my legs for me! Hahaha- The things they do for love!

    So happy that you have made it this far... Now they can come in God's perfect timing! Continuing to pray for a healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete