Oxymoron? I think not. This week I got a particularly strong itch to get out of the house! I think I also clearly grasped how close we are to finally meeting these babies. These two in combination with loosing my Snuggle Bear formulated an intense need for Date Night. I did have to do some begging and promising to adhere to the rules set by Mr. Little....but we did it !
We left our house after dinner and drove downtown to the Cupcake Shop to get Cupcakes and Coffee and then drove to Fletcher Park, rolled down the windows and enjoyed the fresh, fall air! It was wonderful...never has the drive down Glenwood Avenue been so interesting to me! hehe I followed the rules and had the seat laid back. I wanted to go sit on a park bench, but compromised with Ryan and stayed laid back in the car ;) I absolutely loved it!
It is so life changing to think this will be our last Date Night without kiddo's! (I know it will be b/c Ryan was not too fond of this one and only caved in b/c I was desperate!) I love my husband and I'm so thankful for the past 5 1/2 years with him, but I'm also so ready for the next phase too...husband AND father!
I just thank the Lord so much and try to thank Him often as I lay around the house for the blessings He has in store for us. It is humbling to think He had all of this planned so long ago and remained faithful to bring it to pass even through my doubt and anger and unbelief.
"And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will bless the fruit of your womb..." ~ Deut 7:13
No comments:
Post a Comment