Friday, October 8, 2010

35 weeks woop woop!

Can you believe we are here? So close!!! On Wed morning I woke up and just had a praise session with Jesus for bringing us this far! I realized that VERY soon we will have two adorable, cuddly, hungry, fragile and crying babies in our house! hehe This also means that I will be OFF bedrest! So, since my time is coming to an end I decided to take advantage of it one morning and stayed in bed until noon and kept my pajamas on all day. (I have been getting up and taking a shower, getting dressed so I still feel halfway human and normal).

At my 35 week appt yesterday I was sooo eager to hear what the Doc said...I've definitely felt different this week...having ALOT of movement still. I have felt some strong contractions every day and I have hit a wall with my energy. The biggest different this week is my inability to breathe! I've done so well for the most part but all of a sudden...no air for mama. My labs were still awesome and get this: my iron went UP! My doctor tested it to make sure I had not become anemic since I could tell such a different all of a sudden in my energy. My nurse just looked at me and laughed. (remember they had told me at the beginning that it was all but certain that I would become anemic carrying two babies so I would really have to watch it and do my part to get iron in my diet.) The other "exciting" number ( I use exciting cautiously here) is my weight. I finally got up to where they wanted me: I've officially got up to 50 smaker-oos! Oh, the thought of loosing 50 lbs does NOT excite me...esp since I'll be going through the ever-glorious Thanksgiving/Christmas food festivals time frame! However, if we have good healthy-sized babies next week then every pound was worth it :)

I had not dilated any more and I"m still 50% effaced. So the meds and flat bedrest have done the trick! So here is the plan: We go to the Specialist on Monday to see the babies: make sure lungs, stomach, weight all look good and developed and ready to be functioning outside the womb. If all goes well, then I stop my medicine AND BEDREST !!! My fingers just tingled with excitement typing that :) hehe From there, we just wait and let the babies come. My doctor said she thinks they will come quickly after the medication stops (its completely out of your system in 6 hours once you take your last pill!) and once I'm upright letting gravity help do the work. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, that means this time next week we could be very close to having some babies! woop woop!

I'm already getting my game plan together for places I want to go once I'm released from our house! I still wont be able to drive so I'll have to line up some drivers, but I'm hitting the town up! I can't wait to go on a walk in our neighborhood each night...the weather has been so beautiful, from what I can tell looking out the window heha and CHURCH, I hope I can come to church, but that is looking doubtful that I'll make it past next Sunday.

This pic below will have to do as my 35 weeker. My good friends Jenn and Amber came by and brought me Starbucks and a Canoli! Heaven! I had such a good time having girl talk...I was so energized by their visit! Here are the facts about the picture below. Amber and I have due dates one week part. Yep. Look again. My 40 week due date and her 40 week due date is only 7 days apart. Look. how. ginormous. I. am.



2 comments:

  1. Love It! And I'm not too mad! So proud of you and can't wait to celebrate J and C with you guys!!! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, big difference between you and Amber. (in a good way of course). Loved the girl time we had friend. And congrats on hitting the big 5-0, guess that canoli put you over the top. So proud of you and all that you have done to take care of those sweet babies. And by the way...JD & I can be your designated driver one day. Just let us know when and where :)

    ReplyDelete