When we moved in to our home, it had a very "cracker barrel" feel to it, at least in my opinion. The shutters were a country green and the doors were a dark hunter green with lovely faded, worn and weathered brass hardware.
If I had limitless time and money, I would have painted the entire house, but I have neither so out the door that idea went. Instead, Ryan power washed the entire house by himself over THREE (yes, three) weekends. Next time, we will find the $100 or so it would have taken a professional (or at least someone who doesn't have three kids needing things all day) to wash the house in one day. Yes. Moving on...
So we agreed to paint the shutters and exterior doors. I'm saving my pennies for a new front door, so for now, country brown, way-too-ornate-for-me front door stays :(
It took me a few days during nap times to get them all primed since all I had to do was slap primer up. Then it took me another week during nap times to get them painted since I had to be detailed and do two coats. Did I mention we have ALOT of doors and door frames? As in 8! I found these awesome exterior lights on Amazon for a steal. yea! Ryan put up the first 2 lights, then I got impatient with him (no, that doesn't sound like me at all) and did the last two. Well, almost last two. A big roach crawled in the socket on the last light I was working on so I bailed and let Ryan finish that one :)
 |
| Before |
 |
| During |
 |
| Almost Done - much better! |
We haven't changed the door hardware on all of the doors yet, but this is the direction we are headed in!
 |
| primed and ugly |
 |
| During |
 |
| After- Ta-Da! |
No comments:
Post a Comment