Easton, Easton...your 10 months old now! This past month we tried to bring some stability in your life by moving into our new house! We are praying that the Lord allows us to spend your entire childhood here in this home so we are very excited to be moved in. You are shooting up like a rocket and becoming such a big boy so fast!
As we were busy moving and unpacking things in the new house, I looked over one day and you had pulled to stand in your new room. Just like that! I hardly know what to do with that...your poor, sweet brother had to have weeks of therapy to teach his muscles how to do that. I'm so thankful it came easy for you!
You also got to explore the wonderful world of boxes and unpacked moving paper everywhere! You really made mommy work to keep boxes from tumbling on you or picking up little pieces of paper that you wanted to eat. There were cords and wires everywhere...every baby's dream and every busy mama's nightmare. :) Fun times...
Also, just out of the blue, one day you started drinking from a sippy cup. WHAT? I had prepared myself for the greatest battle of my life after what your brother put me through trying to transition to the sippy. I decided to start super early since it would probably take 7 weeks of screaming like it did with your brother. Silly mommy, I know...it's you-Easton-we are talking about. I gave it to you and gulp, gulp, gulp you went! As trivial as it sounds, I consider it one of the great mercies the Lord has given me with 3 kiddos so far. It was a nightmare with your brother.
You have taken the lead as the superstar at the dinner table. Breakfast, lunch and dinner you eat more than your siblings. You eat everything mommy gives you (which is triple brownie points in my book) and you scarf it down like it is the best thing you have ever eaten. You took to finger foods like you were made to self feed. Insert Hallelujah Chorus.
You had a little incident with teething this month. 3 teeth in all and while it didn't affect your eating or drinking at all - it more than affected your sleep. It took lots of Tylenol and cuddling to get you to sleep peacefully this month. Many times you ended up in bed with mommy while Daddy was in France for work. I will chalk it up to 3rd child privileges and mommy exhaustion. At the end of the day, there is a positive out of all of it - these precious pictures:
You are really interacting and playing with your siblings these days. You LOVE to play with anything they play with. In fact, you surprised your dad and me when you picked up a magnet alphabet letter off the floor, crawled to the white board, stood up and put it up on the board. What a smart little buddy! I guess from observing your siblings, you picked up on that quick. You also picked up on crawling with a car or truck to make it "move" like it is supposed to do. It is precious!...and so smart!
We have loved seeing you grow up before our eyes this month Easton! You are perfectly content to be in the room with Caden and Jenna and play with their toys or watch them. It is very satisfying for this mama's heart to watch. We love you bunches, big boy!
| just another stalking sleep shot...love! |
| using that tongue to play with those new teeth! |
| Love this boy and this picture! |
| Chillin at church with Daddy |
| Easton's first boat ride on Papa's boat |
No comments:
Post a Comment