Friday, November 22, 2013

House Love - Easton's Room

Easton's room is technically the office of the home. It has no closet so it cannot be listed as a bedroom. However, for our needs, it works perfectly! Thankfully, the owners left us the huge armoire they had in there (they also used as a bedroom). Turns out, the armoire is bigger than Easton's closet in Ohio! ha. His room was the first to be completely set up and unpacked mainly because it is exactly the same as it was in Ohio. So all I had to do was unpack and hang!

That is, after we did some painting and light switch updates. When I see something I like design wise, I go for it. No need to dilly dally if what you see is what you want - in my world at least. So, I saw a picture of Easton's room that had some crown molding at the top. So, Ryan went out and bought me some molding, hung it up and went to painting. We painted all of the bedrooms before we moved into the house so most of it was done during Saturday nap times or after the kids went down for the night. We would put the kids to bed at my parents and race over to the house and get as much done as we could. Crazy days!

Anyway, I LOVE it. I think it adds some character to an otherwise blah set of walls. I can't remember if I put pictures up of Easton's nursery in Ohio, but it is basically the same exact room. I LOVE the grey in his room. Love it, love it, love it.

My mom flew up to Ohio last year and had a marathon sewing session. She made all of Easton's nursery! Crib bedding, crib skirt, recovered my glider, changing pad cover and curtains. She is awesome like that.
The only thing left to do in Easton's room is do something with that huge armoire. I can't decide what I want to do with it: paint it, stain it, something else it? It definitely stands out as it is now.

Some may say his rug is a bit non kid-ly, but for now, I like it in there. And if I want to move it later, it is neutral enough I can move elsewhere in the house - love that!

This is as you come in the door - gotta house the precious sound machine and sleep monitor somewhere
 
HAD to have this picture of my sweet boy up in his room. Our photographer in Ohio was amazing, by the way.
 
Nursing, Night-Time Rocking station :)
 
I got his artwork from Etsy - holy smokes - love that website! So cheap and so cute!
 
 
The previous owners left the white bookshelf so we just kept it up for our use!
 
I framed a picture of a wall mural up in Ohio where we got his name from. And a little picture of one of my FAVORITE stages...when they are all cocooned and swaddled in their bouncy seat.
 
Our entire house is filled with these old almond colored light receptacles and switch plates. We are going room by room switching these out, but with the clean grey and white - I had to bump Easton's room to the top of the list! Plus- one of his receptacles had a loose wire so we never knew if his room light or our hall light was going to work day to day :) Lovely.

MUCH better. I read a blog that showed how to switch these out and was too impatient to wait for Ryan to have time to switch them for me (I know your shocked at my impatience). Ryan had a level 2 freakout not comfortable with me dealing with electricity. So I had good ole retired Papa T (my dad) come do one and watch me to make sure I was doing it right. And that is all she wrote! I am feeling very electrical these days!

 

 
 So...would love ideas and suggestions on what to do with Easton's armoire. And no, I'm not painting it chevron...there is already too much of it in the world and in his room :)
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE his room!!! I love all of the colors. I am no good with creativity, so I won't even TRY and give you advice on the armoire ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would paint it white/ivory to go with the crib! it's easy to paint over if you change your mind later, and it's a safe color that will keep it from monopolizing the room since it's such a big piece. white tends to make spaces look brighter and larger too! when i'm in doubt…i do white. i know i won't regret it later ;)

    ReplyDelete