Friday, December 13, 2013

Easton : 12 months

 
Dear Easton, Your ONE. Impossible. Simply impossible. Oh the difference a year can make! (Seems like I have said that the past three years.) This time last year, I was going to a doctor appointment, stress test or lap test everyday to make sure you were staying healthy while I tried to stay pregnant as long as I could. As PRECIOUS as you have been on the outside, you were not easy on mama on the inside. Shew! Here you are the morning of the day you were born and a year later. wowza.
 
 
 
You got a great report at your one year appointment. I'm so thankful for good appointments and do not take them lightly! Your numbers remained impressive (for our family at least). Your weight was 24 lbs, 6oz (89%), Head Circ 70% and your height was 30 in (56%). Your slowing down in the height department, but not the weight -and mommy can tell when I pick you up!
 
 
I'm sure I will  be sad that we are out of baby stage now, but for right now, I'm taking a huge breath to inhale! It has been a crazy 3years in babyland and just like that - your one! No more nursing, no more pumping, no more bottles, no night feedings, no infant carseats, bouncy seats, exersaucers, or baby food. I feel like I've done it for three years straight....oh wait. Kidding. Anyway, Easton, you have brought nothing but joy to our family...and that is not the exhaustion speaking. You are my cuddle bug and I adore it.
 
 
 
 
You are an incredible eater. You don't know it, but God made you a great eater so I would not loose.my.mind at the table. Your brother puts me through the ringer and it is so refreshing to look over and see you shoveling food in your mouth, smiling, and demanding more. Does a mama's heart good! You are to the point where I put as much food on your plate as I do the twins. Like, I made three identical plates. And while we are documenting things to reminisce on, after you have cleaned your plate, we give you the twins' left overs and you down it too. Glory, child! You drink fully from a sippy cup at each meal. You have been  getting 3-4 ounces of warm milk in a bottle right before bedtime but we have just taken it away a couple of times and you slept all night so you probably do not need it anymore. 

Your favorite foods are cheese, pancakes, bananas, goldfish, yogurt, pasta and sandwiches. You love all food, but these are your favorites :)

 
This is one helping. You can easily eat another plate just like it for seconds.
 

Ever since you were itty bitty, you get a bright red spot on your right cheek. I have tried to write down circumstances, food, environment details around when you have your spell, but nothing matches up. And naturally, I forgot to talk to the doctor about it -hasn't harmed you yet, but I took a picture just to remember.
 

 
 
Your quite the trooper hanging with your siblings. They both LOVE you. They mostly let you play along with whatever they are doing, but every once in a while they ask me to whisk you away. ( they don't ask that nicely, rest assured.) Since October has so many beautiful days, we spent alot of time outside. Since you are breaking my back holding you, we plopped you in the walker and let you run all around trying to keep up :) It is one of the few times you have worn shoes your entire life!
 



You continue to be a wonderful sleeper. Thank You! If you have a catch, which I don't even call a catch for fear of persecution from other moms, is that once 7pm comes....we better be near your bed or a pack n play. You don't mess around - you want to be put down or if that is not possible, held. No playing or entertaining yourself past 7pm. You sleep soundly through the night til about 6:30 am sometimes. We let you talk and play (sometimes you increase to a cry) but eventually you go back to sleep til 7:30-8:00a.

You are such a happy boy and I am so grateful God allowed us to have you this past year. It has been loud and crazy, but quite blessed. I can't wait to see your personality continue to reveal and see how you add to the family dynamics. We love you, Easton! Happy Birthday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment