"Oh No Jenna" moment 1: I go upstairs to change Caden, come downstairs to find a million pieces of an indoor houseplant we have all around Jenna. Of course she is chewing on a leaf. I don't think much of it at first, but then go look this plant up on line. Of course it is poisonous if the leaf is punctured and the sap is exposed. Great. I call Poison Control and we go through several action steps and they give me signs to look for over the next hour. Thank goodness, all is well, no after-effects. Whew!
"Oh No Jenna" moment 2: We notice that Jenna is pulling up and standing in her crib. Time to lower the crib, right!? Well, smart first-time-parents we are, we lower it one notch, not all the way. We will just wait until she is a little taller before we go through that process again. haha, suckers!
I go in after a nap one day and upon opening the nursery door, I'm pelted with the horrible stench of poo. Not unusual, Caden is just like clockwork and usually has a nice, full diaper waiting for me after this nap. I check and it's not him! I look over to J's crib and freeze. Little rascal has managed to stand up and stretch far enough to reach a diaper I had left on the changing table in between their cribs. I forgot to put it in the diaper genie. Lesson 347 learned. Jenna has reached the diaper, pulled it in the crib, somehow managed to unstrap the thing and found a nice little surprise inside. She then proceeds to play, smear, toss and yes....EAT her new found treasure. I literally don't know what to do. I realized that she had done her damage at that point so like any mama would do, I run and get the camera. She WILL know about this at a special future time in her life!!
I call the Peds office to see what I was dealing with and they tell me it is perfectly fine, it is all her natural "stuff" anyway. Other than me being mortified, she will be just fine. That is when I have to tell the nurse it wasn't her poo. It was definitely her brothers. Ahhhhh life with twins! I don't even need to explain the disinfecting, sterilization of everything that had to happen that afternoon...
bwhahaha, so you decided to incriminate your sweet little Jenna. She will never live this one down. You definitely have to keep your eye on that little girl. :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Yes, life with twins :) They can get into all sorts of trouble when you are not looking!
ReplyDeleteSo funny!
ReplyDeleteLet's just say we learned the hard way that poinsettias are poisonous. (Keep that in mind come December!)
And Eleanor may or may not have eaten some poop a couple of weeks ago... apparently a little piece fell out of her diaper during changing time. Thank goodness Caleb found her because if it had been me...in my queasy prego state...I would have lost it for sure.
Thanks for keepin it real, it makes the rest of us feel a little more sane :)
LOVE the story! Love the picture, and the poo story. We've ALL been there.... at least once. Sounds like life in the little Household has taken on a whole new meaning with a mobile kid now. Watch out Casey - there's much more like that to come.
ReplyDeleteThat was so funny to read! Girl you definitely have double the trouble. Can "oh no Jenna" be a regular post, like wordless wednesday? :)
ReplyDelete