Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Fall Ya'll

It's like the "Merry Christmas" of the Fall season. I hear this phrase and see it everywhere these days. I must admit, I have been bit by the Fall-Home-Decorating bug. Probably because I'm home ALL DAY. :) So, last week, when the first day of Fall hit the calendar, I was ready! Thanks to Pinterest and the twins fantastic napping schedule, I have enjoyed adding some festivity to the house.

I also feel the need to show you some pictures, specifically one of my Glitter Pumpkin. I feel the need to clear its poor little reputation from one Laura Robinson and Liz Laney. :) Maybe they will love glitter again after seeing this cutie:




I love my glitter pumpkin. And it is super easy to do! I started with a real pumpkin so if it was horrible, I could chunk it. However, now that I see the finished pumpkin, I may turn my attention to some of the other plain craft pumpkins.

All I did was cover the entire pumpkin in Mod Podge, then I took four different colors of glitter( they came in a 10 pack so I had my choice of colors!)and sprinkled it all over the pumpkin. I used a Pink Champagne, Gold, Orange, then topped it off with a White-Iridescent. After letting that try a little while outside, I shook off the excess glitter then put a coat of Mod Podge on the outside to seal in all of the glitter. So, NO, L and L, there is no glitter all over my house, face, hands or floor :) I had some paint left over from a project too so I painted the stem a brown color. Martha, as in Martha Stewart suggested that. :) I scored the candle holder from Goodwill. So, all I had to buy was my 70 cent pumpkin, $2 candle holder and $3 pack of glitter. Not to shabby! On to the rest of the house...

On the porch so our guest get in the fall-mood!

Our mantle...I couldn't take the pictures of my babies down so they must stay :)

Loving my big flower arrangement. Michaels had their stuff on super sale last week so my entire arrangement was only $4! I already had the vase.




Here is my other Pinterest inspiration. And thanks to the talented Ryan Little (he drilled some holes all over the top of the pumpkin for me) we have this masterpiece! And yes, this pumpkin is fake as can be so we can reuse this bad boy year after year.


And of course, what is Fall without the amazing scent of a Pumpkin Spice candle...



4 comments:

  1. everything looks gorgeous!! fall is my absolute favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your fall stuff :) Girl, I broke all of mine out too and I must head to Michaels' soon to grab up some more. Yes, being in the house makes you want to decorate for every season :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, OK, OK...you won me over...I see no glitter surrounding the pumpkin on the candle holder. I think the last coat of Modge Podge did the trick. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, I'll have to hire you to decorate for us!

    ReplyDelete