Our trip down started with a bang...we had to stop with about an hour to go in order to feed the twins. We pulled into a big parking lot and I unpacked the back of the Pilot, crawled in with my mega boppy pillow and proceeded to try to feed them in the back of the car. When mom went to get Jenna out..she had exploded all over the place: down her legs, up her back, puddled in the bottom of the car seat: ewwww gross. I guess this proves her change in disposition the past month..she is back to being calm, content, sweet Jenna like she was as a newborn. She never made a sound! I have no idea when she did all of that, I didn't even smell it. Anyway, we had to strip her down and try to change her in the front seat. It. was. chaos. Anyway, we eventually changed and fed everyone and made it down to the beach house. We had SUCH a good time and the babies were awesome! We went to our favorite restaurants including the Flying Pig...our favorite coffee house! We are definitely locals to them and now the twins are "known." Caden hamed it up for the owner who I'm pretty sure will give him whatever drink he wants when he is a bit older :) We had the best time in the mornings going and getting our favorite lattes and coffee's, talking with people who came in to ooohhh and aaahhh over the twins, and use the Internet connection to make wedding plans!


We had major success in wedding planning while we were there. Its getting so close! Can't believe my baby sis is getting married in 3 months (or if Brad is reading, he could tell us the days and hours) haha! We love the beach and miss it so much! :( Caden was particularly unhappy we left...he cried for an hour straight in the car (SO not like him!) to the point where I pulled over and squished my huge butt in between the twins in the back row and let mom drive the rest of the way. As soon as he saw Mama he stopped crying. Very frustrating...but lets be honest...precious!
Here we are trying out our new gym mat.Super huge hit!
Here we are sportin' our sunglasses...
Editor's Note here: I KNOW those are hearts on Caden's glasses...they were the only ones mom could find. We will be on the lookout for more manly glasses. I can't deny the world these adorable pics of him....heart glasses and all ;)
We walked across the street to the sound and took some pics. Jenna, as usual, is very dramatic about the wind in her face:)
what a wonderful girls + Caden trip. So glad you all had an adventurous/wonderful time. And I think the C looks absolutely precious even if he is wearing carolina blue heart glasses. We have some sunglasses that I know JD would love C to have since he has out grown them and only wore them once.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so glad that you got to go, even though you didn't sleep much! The babies are growing up and getting so big! What fun times with your Mom and sister too!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt should also be confirmed for readers that the boy's father was not present at the time of the glasses purchase or the "toddler in tiaras" session that ensued....
ReplyDelete