Saturday, March 26, 2011

5 months old!


My sweet babies are 5 months old, which means they will be 6 months old next, which means they will be half of a year old! I can hardly take it! :( We didn't have a Doctor's Appt since our 4 month fiasco (yea for staying healthy!) so I don't have an update on weights and length. BUT, I'm pretty sure that Caden is chunking up nicely thanks to our rice cereal and by the look of her perma-wrinkle around her wrists, knees and ankle's, Jenna is not skipping a beat. It was beautiful the day they turned 5 month old so we had an un-traditional monthly shot :)




We have been working on Jenna's head-tilt putting blankets in her bouncy seat and stroller and putting her down for a nap on the opposite side more often. I think we both agree that we can tell a difference! yea jenna!

Caden has enjoyed his rice cereal...it took us a while, but we finally figured out the boy likes it cold! So since we have been giving it to him with cool water, he usually finishes his bowl. We finally went and got Jenna Girl her high chair so she now joins us at the table looking on while everyone else is eating...poor girl :( I've almost convinced myself to go ahead and start her on cereal so we can get in a good routine with both of them being on cereal, going to veggies, fruits etc... As a mom of twins...you do everything you can to have both babies doing the same general things!


Schedule: Our schedule has been anything but this month. Growth spurt, teething, intro of rice cereal...I don't know what is going on! Caden has made it clear that he will only sleep the last hour of each cycle now (down from 1.5 hour). Jenna continues to be my best day time napper going down the last 1.5 hour of each cycle. I think we may have to start changing that though because she is killing me during the night! She started waking up every night at 3:30 am. I read how babies internal clock can get "stuck" so we attempted to let her cry it out for a few nights. 45 minutes - 1 hour later, she was still going STRONG. The nights we gave in and went in there, she was fast asleep as soon as put her back on her side and stuck the paci in. ugh. Caden sleeps solid as a rock from the time we put him down to around 6:00 or 7:00 am. We put the paci in and he is right back down until we start the day at 8.
I love reading other Moms' schedules so here is our sample schedule at 5 months:

8:00 am - wake up and nurse
8:30 am - cereal for Caden / chill time for Jenna:) breakfast for mama if I'm lucky / dinner prep 9:30 am - diaper change / outfit change for the day for both babies (takes longer than you think!!!!!)
10:00 am - morning nap. Frantic house chores, email check, shower for mama. RARELY all three-hehe
11:30 am - wake up, nurse and watch the end of Price is Right! woop woop!
12:00 - 2:00 pm - play time, school time, try to keep them up longer than they want to :)
2:00 pm - afternoon nap
3:00 pm - wake up and nurse
3:30 - 5:00 pm - play, go for a run/walk around neighborhood
5:00 pm - late afternoon nap / dinner time for mom and dad alone if Caden allows:)
6:00 pm - wake up and nurse / cereal for Caden / chill time for J
6:30 pm - 7:30pm - play with daddy, bath time (if applicable)
7:30 pm - down for bed
*9:00 pm - wake up for a quick dream feed. This feeding varies every night..sometimes we do it right at the 3 hr mark b/c we're ready to go to bed and some nights its closer to 10 if we're watching TV or a movie.

I wish we could drop the 9 pm feeding, but I just don't have the confidence that I produce enough milk in the evening to hold them all night. It's a quick feeding, up and back down within 30 minutes for both kids, so until we have them both on solids I suppose we will just keep on keepin' on. How crazy that we can type out our exact daily schedule? Oh how life has changed in 5 short months! :) Anytime we want to do playdates or errands, we go in the morning before the 11:30 feeding. They are happy and can go the whole time w/o a nap and not be fussy. If we do this, then I let them sleep a bit longer in the afternoon nap. I'm thankful for babies that adjust well so far with schedule changes. Hoping that stays the case!

My bald old man is starting to grow some hair up top...so far its coming in brown. I thought he might be a blondie at first, but as time goes and it grows longer, its looking brown and frizzy to me! Your welcome, son. :)

Sleeping: As far as sleeping arrangements: it happened. :( We separated them since they were mobile moving around and kicking each other.Now they are in separate cribs for naps and bedtime. I'll admit, I was so sad! The good news is that they look tiny all alone in a big crib, so I feel like they are not growing up SO fast! :)

Clothing: We are still wearing 0-3 month separates (shirts and pants), 3-6 month onesies and a few 6 month outfits. Can't wait to break out all of the cute summer gear in the next week or two! We have finished the 1-2 diapers so know we are officially big boys and girls wearing size 2.

Activities: I've popped the kids in the jogging troller several times and they love it! I was secretly hoping they would hate it and cry so I would just have to put the jogging stroller up and not use it :) ha KIDDING! As you saw in a previous post, my Sweet Jenna has learned to roll over from stomach to back. I wouldn't say she is consistent, but has done so several times. Nothing from Caden yet...how crazy! I would have put my money on Caden for sure. Now that they have great head control, we broke out the exersaucer. It. is. huge! Special thanks to Cousin Jamie and Kaylee for this "small" donation. :) The kids like it so far and enjoy being upright.

Hello Adorable!



They both found their thumbs this month although Jenna prefers the entire fist method sometimes. Caden still hates tummy time, Jenna surprisingly enjoys it more...and she's getting great at it!








Also, lately it has been March Madness in our house! If there was ever a question who Caden takes after, it was confirmed this past week. We have had the TV's on watching all of the great basketball which has mesmerized Caden! Honestly, during the ACC Tourney, he watched the entire second half of a game...without moving once! It was hilarious...I got a load of laundry done, dishes washed and put away and picked up the entire downstairs! (Jenna was clueless and content in her swing talking to herself). Here is my little basketball-loving baby boy!


Here we are cheering on the Tarheels!!!



Happy 5 months Caden and Jenna!

4 comments:

  1. What a great update about your sweet babies!!! Sounds like they are doing great~ Great job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update with awesome information. i got worn out just reading your schedule. You mean you actually get a shower?? WOW? Love all the pics and happy to pass on the HUGE EXERSAUCER to your sweet growing babies. Love those babies.. love their mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss them so much! They are growing WAYYYY to fast! They are both so adorable. Hope to see you all soon and smother them with love from Aunt Sarah! Keep posting--I love keeping up with your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gooodness! Caden's face is hilarious in the exersaucer! I love Jenna's sweet big eyes in the 5 month pics. I can't wait to see them again! Soon...Oh yeh so like we will be driving through next weeka and you know us we will want to drop in :) Miss you guys! Love YA

    ReplyDelete