Friday, July 2, 2010

veinte-uno



This week was spent mostly at the beach so how could it be anything but fantastic!? hello! We went to the beach with my side of the family for our annual 4th of July vacation. My back gave me a tough time this week, the same spot, every time when I sit down. When I lay down or stand up, the pain leaves...weird. Also, lost the wedding rings this week...I dont feel swollen, but my fingers were screamin! So we went to Wally World and got a stunning $8 replacement :)

Oak Island is a little mini-town of yard sales in the summer. Since we had a purpose this year, we hit some up and scored big for little Caden. Super cute, super cute, we had a blast going through people's trash bags full of clothes at their yard sales.

The belly, yes indeed, kept growing another .5 inch...I think this is going to be a trend, whatcha think? :)

I'm feeling the babies kick pretty consistently, they get shy when Ryan comes around to feel. I'm so proud of my little babies...they are already beach bums at heart...they did so well out on the beach! We propped our feet up, had our fair share of Sunset Slush Icies and we were set! I"ve also learned that the babies LOVE music and fireworks. Anytime I used my IPOD on the beach, they would go to town. Same for the fireworks :)

Me and Ryan developed our photography skills and took some semi-engagement shots of Robin and Brad at the beach. Those are coming soon, but Robin snapped this picture of me/Ryan during a break. I love it !!!!



Other exciting news is that we ordered TWO CRIBS! oh my. We found some cribs we both like, they will do the job and we are not spending our month's paychecks to buy them :) We were actually really blessed that they were on mega sale and had free shipping to our home. Thank you Lord! Now I just have to convince Ryan that it is absolute necessity to put them up as soon as they come in...right people? wink wink :)

Here are some pics of our awesome vacation. We had the best time planning for babies, then taking a break and planning Robin's wedding (she is getting married down there), then talking about what next year's 4th of July would look like! I feel like I definitely popped into a basketball shape this week. Here's my proof: :)








Here are some pics from my mom's retirement party:



Robin dressed up in the infamous pic costume to award mom with her years of service award. Apparently the pig costume has been used alot at work??!! :)



The cake was AWESOME!!!




2 comments:

  1. what a great weekend! You were definitely in your element! :) And I love the beach picture of you and Ryan. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! So glad that you had such a relaxing and refreshing beach trip~ Next year you will have your hands full of little ones!

    ReplyDelete