Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nineteen Weeks and a Birthday Party!

19 weeks! Officially halfway for twins in a perfect world :)!!! So excited to reach this point...things are going great. Still sleeping on the couch, but definately for sure feeling them move. I didn't know if what I was feeling was them, but I feel it often enough its got to be! Feels like when you drive over a dip in the road, or when you go down a rollercoaster. They move alot when I stand up and after I use the restroom...m.aybe they have more room without a full bladder! :) We're getting big and outgrowing my smaller maternity clothes. HUGE week this week: we find out what our little blessings are and someone (ah-hem) has a big birthday. The belly grew an entire inch..i'm thinking it had something to do with the yummies I ate at the Birthday party ;) Here's our 19 weeker.



Now, on June 17th the love of my life had a big birthday - the big 3-0! (note: it is still a few years before I reach this milestone..just had to document that.) With the help of both moms and my sister, we threw him a surprise Birthday Party. In the 10+ years that I have been dating, engaged and married to Ryan, we never had a big bash for him. Also, I'm going to guess that we will not have many big birthday bashes for "grown ups" once these two presents come :) Thankfully (or not) Ryan had to work overtime just about every night so I was able to get alot done sneakily. I told him that he could be a big boy and close his eyes or I would blindfold him as we got in the car. I told him we had reservations for an activity we had not done before. hehe I think he was too tired to question me so he cooperated very well. Everyone was so great : we had lots of folks from Ryan's world come...it was awesome. We had his favorite foods, his mom made his favorite pie, our friend, the fabulous Caitlin Glover, made an INCREDIBLE Carolina cake and his bro made some good ole homemade vanilla ice cream. He was totally surprised and took a while to warm up to the fact we were making a big deal out of him! Here are some snapshots from our official photographer, the great Robino Thompson...aka scary monster.

He got his one request : a hammock (when is he going to have time to hammock?) jk...I have beautiful visions of Ryan swinging one or two babies to sleep outside when mom is about to blow haha). And, yes it began...he received two onsies...for each baby. Funniest thing: he said he knew he would stop receiving presents once the babies came, but he didn't realize he would start receiving THEIR presents. :) good times. An amazing night for someone who deserved it very much! I love you Rhino! Enjoy some pics here... and p.s. next post is the big one !!!












1 comment:

  1. Casey, thank you for telling me about your blog! I enjoyed meeting you the other day and am so excited to be able to watch you "grow" through technology. We are so excited for the double blessings the Lord has given you and are right around the corner with any twin questions you might have! Much love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete