June 17th, Ryan's Birthday, we had our Level II Ultrasound to check on the babies and find out the gender! We were waiting and waiting for this appointment for so long, so exciting! We had a great ultrasound tech who was fun and talkative. She put the Doppler on my stomach, looked around a second and pulled it off. She looked at us and said "you know there are two in there, right?" I wish we had been on our toes and had fun with that, but we were like Yes, Yes and very excited!
She took a look at everything and determined that Baby A is head down, facing my back. All organs were great, accounted for and working perfectly. Heart had all 4 chambers, brain and spinal cord had perfect size/spacing, and was measuring exactly 19 weeks (which is exactly where I was that day! yea!)
Baby B is still transverse with the head on my right side , right above Baby A's feet! Again, great report on Baby B who was moving all around and cooperating very well! This was a first...good job Baby B;) Baby B is bit bigger measuring 19 wks 4 days...even further long than I was...amazing for twins! They are healthy due to God's grace, my constant eating and your prayers! It was amazing to see those babies in there moving all around. They were very active (I guess they like orange juice and coke hehe). There were times when we were looking at one baby and all of a sudden we would see a arm/leg from another baby pop in the picture. It is amazing at how amazing our God is and how He is involved in every little intricate part of our lives. We saw Baby B swallow and put fingers up to its face and thumb in its mouth...hello precious! Each appointment we fall more and more in love with these little people!
Ok, what are they...our plan was not to find out in the room, we wanted it to be very special and since it was Ryan's birthday, we thought we would find out together that night. Our tech was amazing...she saw what they were when she was finished with her initial scans - me and Ryan never saw anything! hehe She went out of the room and wrote down what they were on a piece of paper and sealed it in an envelope. We brought it home and left it on the counter while we both went to finish the day at work...oh my goodness! So exciting to know we had it at our house. So, we both got home from work and the plan was to take the envelope with us out to eat and somewhere special to us in Raleigh. haha, we couldn't wait any longer. We brought the envelope up and opened it in the their nursery. I opened the envelope first and saw Baby A...then gave the paper to Ryan to reveal Baby B....soooo fun! I'll never forget it. The contents said:
Yep! Soooo blessed! God has given us a BOY AND A GIRL! We couldn't believe it. Baby A is our girl and Baby B is our little boy. So, in case you have forgotten, our girl (A) is kicking the tar out of our little boy's (B) head. :) AlSO, incase you forgot, we have our names ready! Jenna O'Neal and Caden Yates! It is still taking us some time to remember that we know who they are. I still find myself calling them A and B. So we opened the envelope and went out to a wonderful birthday dinner and talked about our family and what fun times we have ahead:)
We called and had Ryan's parents meet us at my parents house for the big reveal. We received soooo many emails and texts that bordered on harassment hehe jk...but we had to tell Gigi and Nana first! Here's how that went: ) I gave one mom Baby A and the other Baby B in an envelope...they had to open their envelope first then switch:)
Thank you Thank you Lord for these blessings. I'll end with a quote I kept in my purse for 2 years. It has certainly found itself to be true in our lives right now.... "Be assured that if God waits longer than you could wish, it is only to make the blessing doubly precious." ~ Andrew Murray
Boy/girl twins are just the best!!!! I'm so happy for you and praising the Lord with you that they were growing as they should and cooperated for all their measurements. And I just love the quote that you carried with you- How true!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww, I love the video :) so cute!
ReplyDelete