We spent the past week recovering from New York and catching up on work around the house and our jobs. Pretty uneventful. I was feeling good for my upcoming appointment...I know for a fact I've gained weight!!! We have also been putting off alot of things until after we got back from NYC. We agreed we would "grow up" and begin planning for these two precious babies! So we have started thinking about the rooms in the house, what needs to go, sell, move to storage, pediatricians etc...
We went to a wedding this past weekend and it was so fun having folks come up and congratulate us...alot of them knew our struggles to get to this point so it was a real sweet time and good conversations. Another exciting event: My MOM finally retired after 35 years with the State! Yea! She even changed her email to "gigioftwo", she is ready to be full time Grandma and I'm ready for her and Mom L's help!
Week 17 happenings: belly grew another .5 inch, had my first big bout with acid reflex/ indigestion...OUCH!, have outgrown several several outfits I thought I could squeeze into. (Trying to find something for the wedding was almost chaotic :)I would come out and Ryan would tell me yea or nae. It got to the point he stopped saying anything and just gave a half-nod of no. ) I think I need to do some shopping!
On to the exciting stuff...on Monday I had my Doc Appt. I invited Ryan's mom to come with me...my Mom enjoyed the previous appt so much I thought Mom Little would enjoy seeing the babies in there moving around. I'm always soooo nervous that morning until I see them. Other folks want them to stay in the womb where they are warm,protected....not me! I want them out so I can see how they are doing and check on them! Anyway, all of my labs came back good...my Iron had not dropped any lower...we're still barely in the normal range...but normal nonetheless! And....drumroll...the power of prayer and lots of eating works! I had caught up in my weight so that I am now officially in my weight range! (I'm the very bottom number, but i'm in the there!). So thanks for praying. I've gained 18 smackaroo's so far..halfway. Yea, did you hear that? We had a grow up moment real quick this week when we figured out we very well could be halfway to 34 weeks...which is VERY realistic for twins. Yikes! We need to get going.
Anyway, the babies look awesome, they are so much bigger and they have moved all around. I told the guys in NY one day I thought a baby had moved b/c one side of my stomach had gotten bigger....yep! Twin B had moved right on over. Twin A is head down and Twin B is transverse right over my belly button. So Twin A is kicking their brother/ sister...and so it begins, even in the womb! hehe My doc had a hard time measuring the heart beats b/c they were moving around so much! From what she gathered, the Heartbeats were 144 and 145 bpm. BUT THEN, b/c they have moved "away" so much she let us HEAR the heartbeats for the first time! When she did that, they were measuring faster, so who really knows, but I saw them beating and that's all I needed to see. My Doc confirmed I'll definitely need to start working from home / feet up starting end of July. That's not an official bed rest order, but a proactive, slow down order. Thus, another reason we need to get moving on things!
The U/S machine they used on me is very old and portable so no way we could tell the genders....that is for June 17th - Ryan's B Day! So one more week and we find out ! As you can tell below...the pics are grainy and not good quality, but hello, they are still precious to look at! Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment