For Easton's birthday back in November, we asked for money to purchase his new carseat. Because when you look like this in it, have surpassed the weight limit months earlier, and your legs dangle over the edge like a high chair, it is time to get something bigger. :)
After doing some research, I decided to go down a different path. I love the seat we got for the twins -the Britax Marathon. It is so easy to adjust, and move from car to car. But....they are quite wide. They are the reason I had to be thrown into a minivan when Easton came along - we couldn't fit an infant seat in between the twins' seats. ugh. So I did some research and found this Diono -it is one of the slimmest on the market - they even claim you can put 3 of these side-by-side in a back row seat. I wanted a narrow seat to put in the 3rd row so we can have room for extra passengers to ride with us without moving seats in and out. So Easton got Caden's seat and Caden got the new seat since he sits in the back row.
Before we totally unpacked it, I wanted to make sure it would work so I called Caden to come in the room and give it a try. No lie, the child sat like this for 2 HOURS....buckled in and everything. He loved it. He is so funny!
The next day, I had moved it over to the side of the room since we had not installed it yet. That morning, I came out to find Caden after he had gotten dressed and this is where I found him! I would say he likes it. :)
So now, this is our car arrangement...parts of me look forward to the day they can crawl in and buckle themselves so I don't a) hit my head on a flip screen b) hit my head on the ceiling, thus snagging my ponytail c) catch the Velcro of a carseat and rip my tights d) drop the juice cup that of course was not screwed on all the way e) have the wind catch my skirt crawling to the back f) back out and land awkwardly on the curb outside a busy restaurant.....while crawling all around the van to buckle in my littles :) (Those are all hypothetical examples, of course.)
Something I LOVE is turning around and seeing this little big guy! He loves being a big boy and seeing the world as we do in the car. As you can tell from the abundance of pictures, I just kept snapping them the first few days/week. He looks like such a big boy - he is loosing the "baby" about him and becoming a little boy. Ah! He has my heart for sure.
Cool! We are thinking about getting one of those for Nathalie, and getting the new slim (16.5" wide) graco snugride for baby #3 and sticking with our Escape for now. (we had been looking at buying a different vehicle (Ford Flex or similar) but after looking at the different options, we just weren't liking any of them, and we LOVE our Escape... so... won't be able to drive any guests around in our vehicle with the whole family.... but, definitely cheaper than a new vehicle!
ReplyDelete