Oh geez, I just realized I wrote these but never published them. I am failing miserably in the blogging world these days. Anyway, here is a bit of Christmas and New Year for ya in March.
We went to the beach as we usually do for New Years again this year. Every New Year, this is where I want to be. It is so calm and peaceful and relaxing, especially coming after the craziness that December and Christmas can sometimes be. I LOVE it. I look forward to it every year. Just look at this first picture....ahhhhh.
The beauty of the beach at New Years is that we do not do much. Perfect for a busy mama! It is Papa T's special place too...
Someone came up with the idea to do a long jump contest. I just had to post these because they are hilarious. I am not even sure of the winner, but if we chose solely on form, I'm going to go with Uncle Brad (second picture). I'm not even sure what aerodynamics Ryan was striving for (last picture).
Of course my little athletica had to get in on the action. As usual, she can sky high - we are going to channel that in some volleyball in a few years.
And then of course we had a 50 yd dash. There were a few photo finishes too close to call.
I took off my extra weight (aka Easton) to show everybody up in the high jump category. No picture needed, I self declare the victory :)
My sis snapped this picture when she told the twins to listen for the ocean waves. I love it!
I love this time away with family each year. We can stay in our pj's, sit on the rocking chairs, snuggle on the couch, take a nap, go for a bike ride, paint our nails....so relaxing!
And while this little boy eating 2 plates of spaghetti is no new earth shattering news...
THIS boy eating one bowl of it is truly ground breaking. As you can tell, it even got its own photo for documentation!
New Years Eve we got the "sparklies" out as the twins say. They had a great time playing with the sparklers and no one was injured or burned!
Get me back to the beach!!!
Get me back to my happy place!!!
ReplyDelete