Thursday, March 6, 2014

House Love: Master Bedroom

 
I'm kinda at a stand still in our Master bedroom so I figured I would just show what we have done so far. I forgot to take true "before" pictures but it was what you see below except the horrible, super shiny (I think they invented a new sheen of super gloss!) dirty-white-beige wall color the entire house was painted in. My sister and Brad came over one night before we moved in and helped me paint the walls and trim. Soooo much easier without furniture in the room! I picked a soft, light grey (Tara by SW I think) for the main three walls and a pop of color for the accent wall.
 
 
 
Before
After (ish)
I purchased our bedding set up in Ohio unintentionally. I was walking around a favorite store of mine, West Elm, and was just window shopping this gorgeous duvet set I had been drooling over in their catalog. I picked it up and almost audibly shrieked. For some reason, this style and only this style was seriously, no joke, 75% off. I got the duvet, cover and both shams for the cost of just the shams. I couldn't run to the register fast enough and get out before someone figured out they had put the wrong sticker on. !!!!! Thus began the Master BR makeover I started in Ohio. They had a hobby lobby up there and a super cute Carolina Pottery-like store up there I got alot of things from. Most of those items are not up on the walls yet since I can't decide an arrangement I like yet. So, more to come at some point.... (and yes, I switched out Ryan's pinkish-purply lamp already) :)




 
 I am SOOOOOOO excited about our curtains. I somehow got Gigi convinced to "stitch some curtains" together for me. ha! It turned out to be quite the project, but they were sooo worth it. They are custom curtains, in a tall length without the custom price. Just to get one panel of a taller length was going to be more than what we did all four panels for. Thank you, Mom! I knew I wanted the linen look so I found these grey panels at Tuesday Morning. They were too short of course and needed a little bit of color. While looking for fabric for another project, I stumbled upon this gorgeousness.....at $20 a yard. :( booo. I couldn't let it go and knew it was the perfect print and color so I schemed up a way to use it to lengthen the already made panels. I only had to buy 1.5 yards(yeah) of the expensive fabric then cut the top seam of the grey panel, stitched it back together and voila! (Not that easy at all -it is super hard to cut and hem four equal panels to four already made, not all the exact same panels.) But - I'm in love with them.



 
 Things yet to do include changing over all of the receptacles and covers from the old,broken almond color to white, hang some things on the walls and replace the ceiling fan.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment