The twins' birthday and Easton's birthday are 2 weeks apart. Makes for a crazy fall! I'm almost positive the future will bring one big birthday celebration for all the kids somewhere within those two weeks, but for my baby's 1st birthday - he gets his own! So that meant two birthdays in two weeks. (We have amazing friends and family, by the way, who gave up two Saturday mornings in the craziness of fall by coming to our kids' birthday parties). I'm so thankful we were a)here in NC with family to celebrate the big 1 and b) we were "settled" into our house to have family and friends over.
When we first told people we had chosen the name Easton, a handful of people asked if it was after the baseball brand "Easton." Even with my baseball-playing husband, it never occurred to me until someone said that the first time. So when I was thinking of his birthday, a baseball theme popped into my mind. Easy. Cute. "Personalized." Sold.
I had alot of fun with his party. Baseballs are so easy and decorations and ideas are everywhere! I was able to leave up a bunch of decor and use alot of paper products from the twins' party - basically all the red and white stuff so that made things that much easier.
You know I had to cover up that fireplace...
 |
| I ripped down the farm wood shapes and threw up some baseball shapes and boom - baseball wreath! |
 |
| I will use any excuse to put up tiny newborn pictures of my baby! |
 |
| Favors were popcorn bags with concession type items: popcorn, fun dip, candy etc.. |
 |
| For food we had a concession stand where everything was $1 (1 year old). |
 |
| Hot Dogs, Nacho Bar with lots of toppings, Cracker Jacks, Chocolate Chip cookies, Sunflower seeds and peanuts |
 |
| Grill Master at work grilling hot dogs for everyone (not me. ewww gross hot dogs) |
 |
| Of course another Whole Foods cake. YUM |
I really thought Easton would be the baby to demolish his cupcake. He devours anything else we give him at meal times, but he was very slow and picked at it very civilized. Go figure...
 |
| Thankful Ryan's grandparents are still able to come to family celebrations like this! |
 |
| this is just the winner of "funniest picture in this post" contest. My Dad in Caden's chair, sipping his drink, straddling a baby stroller. Bless him. :) |
Now, for our shirts. This
miiiiight be the one thing that I went a little pinterest overboard with. I saw it done at another 1st birthday party and had to do it. But instead of paying to have them embroidered ($$$), I thought I would whip it out no problem. Oh my. It probably would have turned out fine given a blank slate like the twins', mine and Ryan's shirt. I could have
sworn Easton had this little shirt below, in the baseball type sleeve, with a baseball on it. Perfect! All I would have to do is put his name on the back. But when I pulled it out, (4 days before his party), it had a huge football on it with the words "touchdown." FAIL. So after two trips to Michaels, I decided I would just print a design on iron on fabric and iron it over his shirt. Attempt #1 - you could still see the words "touchdown" thru the fabric. Attempt #2 - after 3 layers of fabric, ahhhh, no remnant of football. However, it made Easton's shirt so stiff he could not bend over. poor baby - all because of mommy's vision gone wrong.
 |
| The twins LOVE Uncle Brent. |
 |
| Easton LOVES him some Aunt Rha-Rha (who got kuddos for participating in the baseball theme!) |
 |
| My little Buckeye is 1! |
So glad we agree on hotdogs. But the kids beg and beg so I relent and buy the hebrew national ones just for them and Arnaud. I just cannot stomach them. Yuck!
ReplyDelete