Once upon a time, there was a mom who was trying to get settled into a new house, make it to the 956 "fall" fun activities for families, plan one child's big first birthday party and oops...yes, her twins' 3rd birthday. So this mom plopped her twins in front of the computer which had all of the evite invitations displayed and told them to pick which one they liked. The twins unanimously agreed on the "Old MacDonald" picture and the Mommy thought "whew, good. this will be easy and simple."
.....aaaaand the fairytale ended there. All my fault. But it ended there. If you didn't know, part of my job before having the twins was to plan fundraising events. I LOVED it. I love planning. I love the details, the big picture, the plan b's, c's and d's, I love it all. (except outdoor events - no, no, those are stressful.) Anyway, my urge to feel like I was contributing to something and doing something besides feeding, clothing and protecting my kids took over and the "easy, low-key birthday" turned big.
No regrets on my part. I do birthday's big because they are a BIG deal! Too many people do not get to celebrate their next birthday, or, I often think back to the time I didn't know if I would have any children to celebrate birthdays with! So keep that in mind as you continue with this post :) chuckle, chuckle.
 |
| I did not put her headband in this way. Baby girl decided to give a nod to the 80's I guess. |
 |
| She was SO excited about all of the "old macdonalds" around |
 |
| Caden with his buddy Papa |
 |
| Again....so 80's and so excited. |
 |
| I love me some Hobby Lobby. A couple of 50 cent wood shapes and you have a wreath! |
 |
| Can't take credit for most of the food ideas. I let other moms with more time than I have give me the inspiration on Pinterest :) |
 |
| Ummmm and I can't take credit for Barbie on the tractor. Gigi-original. |
 |
| My attempt to cover up the eye sore that is my fireplace. sigh. |
 |
| We do Whole Foods for our birthday cakes. I don't cook or bake, so I'm not going to mess up the main event when someone like Whole Foods is down the road and delivers this. Adorable! |
 |
| Didn't we just bring them home from the Hospital? |
 |
| That's my girl.... |
 |
| This is what it looks like when you tell Caden it is time to go inside for presents. Gone! Like a flash... |
This was the first gathering we hosted since moving in and it was awesome! The weather allowed us to open up all the doors so folks could just come in and out. No crowding or stuffy feeling. yea! Made us fall in love with the house even more- and so grateful for it!
 |
| The twins LOVE them some Aunt Rha-Rha...or is it the other way around ? :) |
We got the twins these power wheels at a consignment sale back in the summer for their birthday present. Caden got it quickly...Jenna was more concerned about being in front and directing traffic. Of course. They love them now - they go up and down the ditch like they are on a real 4wheeler!
Caden and Jenna, Happy 3rd Birthday! You are worth celebrating every day! The Lord knew we only had room for TWO firstborns! We are so lucky and blessed to be your parents. We love you both! Love, Mommy and Daddy
What a fun party!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! Whole Foods makes the best cakes, I swear! My fave is Edible Art, but WF gives them a run for their money - especially in price too! ;)
ReplyDelete