You continue to be nothing but a bundle of joy for our family! You are becoming so interactive with us, smiling, cooing, and playing. You started reaching out for your toys at 3.5 months and enjoy trying to reach out and grab them. I love watching the determination on your face as you try to make your hands and fingers do what you want them to!
You went to your first Super Bowl party and slept through the entire thing. Our friends couldn't believe it. They joked with us that you are a babydoll - not real - since you are never awake and every time they see you, you are sleeping sweetly in your carseat. Mommy thanks you for that since I am running around trying to keep up with your siblings!
For Valentine's Day, you were the heart throb...hands down. Oh my! Look at that sweet smile. Sweeter than chocolate!
You also surprised mommy by showing me that you will be a thumb-sucker. You take your paci in your carseat, but in your bed you get quite mad most of the time if I try to stick it in your mouth. Instead, you role to your right side and stick that thumb in to soothe yourself to sleep. Every.Time. Fine by me! It is ridiculously cute.
Speaking of soothing, you are a champ at it. You really hit your stride leading up to your being 4 months old. You sleep 12 hours at night - from 7 pm - 7 / 7:30 am! I feed you every 3 hours from noon on. You seem to need more sleep in the morning, so I give it to you! Your schedule is like this: 7 / 10:30 / 2 / 5 / 8??. I put you to bed for nap 1.5 hours after I feed you. I go lay you down, you roll over, stick that thumb in and go to sleep. I say this not to brag...I take no credit except following Babywise principles and the mercy of Jesus! (I know Babywise doesn't work for everyone, but wow, it has worked for all of our kids.) Anyway, we put you to bed at 7 with the twins and then when I remember or have a minute, I go up and feed you real quick before I go to bed...thus the ? behind the 8 pm. Sometimes it is right on schedule with 3 hours (8pm), sometimes it is closer to 10 when I go to bed, either way, I get your 5th feeding in after you are down for the night. It is a real quick up and down - you don't even wake up.
I'm not naive enough to think this schedule will continue unchanged...we have growth spurts and the transition to solids coming up so I know things will change. I'm sure you will have times of not being able to soothe yourself, but I am sooooo thankful for this season of easy baby schedule!
Your cradle cap has gone from bad to worse. I'm sure you will be so mad at me for putting this picture up one day, and although I don't think I will forget it was you that struggled with this so bad, I must document it for my poor memories' sake. Most days it is painful to look at - super dry, scale, looks like it would drive you nuts itching! (and this picture below is after GLOBBING lotion on multiple times a day and brushing.) We have tried every "oil" out there: coconut, olive, shea, and baby oil. Then, one day it turned very bright orange/red, swollen and a horrible smell. I was worried you had some infection happening. I was about to take you in to the doctor when they told me another treatment to try (mineral oil soak/hydrocortisone lotion and toothbrush scrubbing) for a night or two. It seems to work if we do it consistently. I'm sure ready for you to outgrow this stage! yuck!
I LOVE snuggling with you my sweet boy. Since you do not have a twin brother or sister, I don't have to rush to put you down to tend to the next baby in line. It has been a very joyful, sweet time to just enjoy YOU. Mommy would get alot of other things done if I didn't snuggle as long, but everything else can wait! I have no problem with that priority situation.
Mommy needs to be honest with you and the world: I am horrible at putting you down for Tummy Time. Just horrible. It is a shame too, you are so strong, I bet you would have been rolling over both ways by now if I had given you the practice. Shoot, you may have been maybe pushing up already. ha. But the few times I have stopped everything to put you down, you are so super strong, lift right up and even started rolling over from stomach to back. Your not consistent yet ( b/c mommy doesn't give you a chance to be!) but I'm sure it will come quickly.
I took this picture because I looked at you one day and couldn't believe how big you were. Look at how much you have grown in less than 20 short weeks. sniff sniff.
![]() |
| 3.5 months |
| 2 weeks |
You enjoy sitting in your bumbo seat watching Caden and Jenna run around you. One day, I asked Jenna to give you some more toys to play with on your tray - she did exactly that. :) I'm sure this is not the last time you will be given something bountifully by your brother and sister. Enjoy it, bud!
At your 4 month appointment, you continued to shock your mama. Between you not looking like your brother or sister (in my opinion) and being at the top of the charts, I just look at you and wonder WHO ARE YOU!? I think it is hilarious that we have children at each end of the chart : 2% in height and 90%. Funny. Funny. You were so sweet and only cried for 30 seconds or so when you got your shots. The poor nurse had to jam the needle in to get it through your thunder thighs :) I was worried you might have an ear infection because your ear smelled, but turns out it was just a crazy amount of wax that the doctor had to clean out and told us to put some cream in there to keep it healthy. Dr F said you would be needing solids before your 6 month appointment for sure since you were such a big boy. I'm going to hold off as long as I can since I have searing memories of how life went downhill for your brother when we started solids. Now, for the stats:
Height: 25.75in (65%)
Weight: 17lb 13oz (85%)
Head: 43.25 (85%)
You are precious, Easton. I truly can't imagine our family without you now. Love your sweet smile, laugh and demeanor.

















oh my...that bouncy seat comparison is so sad. He has changed so much!
ReplyDelete