Saturday, April 13, 2013

Quadruplets!

Back in February (around 28 months old), one day we heard the twins each using a new word we didn't recognize. They seemed to be saying it often and purposefully but we couldn't figure it out. After a day or two, we noticed that they were calling out to each other using these new words. As weird as it sounded, we thought to ourselves..." I think they have renamed each other!?" Then, while pointing to Jenna, I asked Caden "who is this?" and he confidently and clearly replied "Chori." Then I looked to Jenna and asked her the same question about Caden to which she replied "Taiya" (pronounced tie-ya). I couldn't believe it. When Ryan got home that night I asked them again and in pure crazy-twin fashion, they each said the new name. We laughed and laughed so hard thinking about how quirky these kids are.

A few days later, we stepped it up a notch. I asked Caden and Jenna what their own names were and to my surprise, they said the new names! Jenna said her name was Chori and Caden said his name was Taiya. (!!!!)

That was back in February....you can ask Ryan, my parents, anyone who has been near us....not ONCE have they reverted back to "Jenna" and "Caden." They call out for each while playing using Chori and Taiya. When you ask them what their name is....Chori and Taiya. They will still respond if WE call them Caden and Jenna, but they refer to themselves and each other as Chori and Taiya. I'm chalking it up to a cute, precious twin thing. I think it is hilarious! We will certainly be talking about this for a loooong, loooong time. And since they show no signs of reverting back, looks like I have quads on my hands: Jenna, Caden, Chori and Taiya. :)


Chori and Taiya from Casey Little on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!

    And... I might need to get your (or your twins') permission to utilize these names in a future book... because Chori and Taiya are fabulous fantasy-sounding names and I'm thinking they would make great Elven Twin characters... :)

    ReplyDelete