Friday, June 1, 2012

Sweet Siblings

I'm not going to lie...having two kids right out of the gate presented a billion challenges to us. In fact, we still come up on situations that we have to get clever and find a "work around" to make it work for us having two kids the same age. But, overall, I am well aware of the abundant blessings we get to enjoy having two kids out of the gate. I love watching them play together and their friendship grow. They are always together. Always. They have never known life without the other - that is so precious to me! Now that we are reaching 2 years old, Ryan and I want to become intentional about having one on one time with each of them. It will be such a new experience for them, but a much needed one. Here are just a few snapshots I have of them playing together. Yes, we have our daily fights over sharing, but they pass as quickly as they come and the fun continues....

They still LOVE to "head hug" each other. It will melt your heart each time...










This is their favorite new hideaway at our house...its behind the end table/sofa.




They have just started "wrestling" with each other and while it was mainly Jenna attacking Caden the first few times, he has learned to join in and make the first move. And yes, every once in a while, this fun game ends in tears :)








Its exciting to think that this time next year, there will be a 7 month old in the middle of it all! In the mean time, I"ll be thankful that the twins can play with each other and keep each other entertained while Mommy goes to dry heave over the sink some more. :)



4 comments:

  1. So fun! Twin love is the best! Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. Sweet. I love that they don't even know they're siblings at this point... they just think they live with their best friend. :) I hope your nausea subsides and you get to feeling better really soon. It's so hard! I am so excited for y'all, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "head hug!" Those moments are the reminders why we have more than one child! :)

    The getting sick however is not that reminder! There was one day while pregnant with Benjamin that I stopped counting at the 12th time that day. Before long Anna-Kate may have been able to identify every character of Saved by the Bell (no more Elmo, no more Elmo), but I won't admit that one day, haha! Praying for a healthy baby and mama! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete