Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cosi

So now that "the news" is out, I can catch up on our life up here in Ohio with pictures....some of you have hawk eyes and would spot my bulging belly in our pics. Like I've said before, the first few weekends up here were cold and rainy, I was feeling sick all day so life was....well, its been better. We had heard from several people about a museum in downtown Columbus called "Cosi." I imagine it is a huge version of Marbles in Raleigh. I never went to Marbles but it sounds similar...ours is just supersized. In fact, it is rated the best science/ hands on museum in the country! What makes it so great for us is that it has an entire section dedicated just to toddler/preschoolers! Hello Heaven! Everything is age appropriate for the kids, its clean, its staffed all the time, it is closed-in so no escaping (and no bothering the rest of the museum with screaming kids), you can take your snack, juice, stroller, bags, anything you have in with you, and it has a water section! They provide adorable rainjackets for the kids  to wear while playing in the water and they even provide a dryer if your kids are too soaked to ride home! We almost fell out when we put the rainjacket on Caden....he is so little and the jacket is so big....it was the perfect equation for cuteness.

Anyway, we had such a blast, we didn't think twice about joining...its a super deal to go ahead and become a member so now we can go in and out anytime for free!

Here are some snaps from our time there. The twins were worn.slap.out when we got home...it was great to have fun as a family and get out of the house and do something different!

Jenna = no fear of the slide. Caden = took a couple of times, notice his terrified face. :)







Caden found a ball so he was estatic. He camped out at this little machine most of the time. It had air holes that blew out air so the balls balanced on it and "floated" in the air. I'm soooo not a science person so I'm sure I just torched the explanation of this piece!




They had a ball pit which Caden picked up on immediately. He made sure he had a ball in his hands the whole time!












They have demonstrations every hour or so and while we were there, they had.....rat basketball. Gross. Jenna liked it, Caden wanted to go find another ball.



Water room time! They loved it! They both cried when we left. Oh my mercy, I want to go every weekend to see them in their little rainjackets.





 Prepare yourself...most adorable kid in a rainjacket below...



And last but not least,  short video of Jenna's discovery. It was a long slide that you could roll the balls down. Jenna watched a couple of kids do it then decided to join in the fun. As you can tell, she thought it was the coolest thing on earth.





3 comments:

  1. What a great museum! So glad that you found it and joined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your kids enjoy the water section as much as ours do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a blast. I couldn't help but laugh at C's face on the slide. He was just like JD at that age!

    ReplyDelete