Friday, June 22, 2012

18 month forgetfuls

That's what happens when I try to sit down and cram a big post, that mostly happened 2 months ago, in one sitting. A few more things I want to remember about this age:

- Both of the twins now demand a book when their diaper is being changed. Their "reading pleasure" makes the experience better for everyone. We have NO problem with this....as long as I have a little chubby book in my diaper bag or changing table (which of course we do...we have like 5 within reach at all times), then diaper changes are very uneventful and easy.

- The twins have each picked a favorite toy they play with every morning. After breakfast they each go to their toy, play with it for about 30 minutes, then move on for the day....but they play with it EVERY day. Quite fascinating to watch. Jenna plays with a big spiral bead thing that Nana and Papa gave them for Christmas.


Caden plays with an interactive little house that ironically, Nana and Papa bought them for Christmas too!

- I would say around 16 months they learned the concept of possession. Jenna knew which paci was hers / Caden knew which ball was his etc.... It was really nice when they picked this up! Now they go to their own toy and play with it nicely. When Jenna goes over to Caden's train, he throws a fit and we can tell Jenna to go find her  train and she will!

- They have both really started showing us their imagination now too. Quite frequently they will go "pick berries" and bring them to us to eat. Precious.
- They are both obsessed with wearing shoes. They want shoes on all of the time!

- They both still wear size 3 diapers. Jenna is in a size 4 shoe, Caden is in a 3 with no braces/4W with braces.

- We made the transition to the separate top/pant pajamas instead of the one-piece footies. It still gets cooler up here at night (the other night it got to 49) so I had been reluctant to make the transition. However, Jenna has literally punched a hole in most of hers so we made the move! We will just add socks to keep those feetsies warm. :) They look like such big kids now :(

- And this was completely my fault, but in the chaos of packing up a house, moving in with my parents, moving up here, etc...etc... I didn't take the time to teach the kids how to go DOWN the stairs the correct way. If we needed to go down I held one on each hip and came down....less time, less steps:) When I stopped one day at 18 months and taught them what to do, they picked it up fine and now enjoy the freedom they should have had months before to go up and down the stairs on their own (always supervised though of course.)

- Same story with the fork/spoon. Amidst Caden's eating issues, the last thing he needs right now is a distraction. That is exactly what it was when I gave it to him - I thought maybe he isn't eating because he wants to be civilized and use a utensil!? haha no way. Therefore, poor Jenna has gotten the shaft too. She can use the spoon to eat pudding / yogurt....not the correct way, but the food gets in her mouth without my help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment