Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The New Public Enemy #1

With all that has been in the news this week regarding the death of the FBI's "most wanted", I thought it was only fair, humane and considerate to share with everyone the identity of the current Public Enemy #1. See below for a composite sketch:




No, not that poor model....the dress. Yep, that's a picture of my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. The wedding is in 5 weeks, I had twins 6 months ago, I ordered the dress in November and ordered it 2 sizes smaller than what I was measuring 4 weeks post-delivery. All of these numbers equal something bad. ugh.

I've been amazed at how much I'm struggling with this post-baby body. It was SO HARD to gain the weight they wanted me to gain to carry the twins and now it is SO HARD to loose what is left. I struggle with it mentally, every single day. This is definitely the new opening that Satan is trying to wiggle his way in my mind and feed me lies.

I was so obsessed with my milk supply the first few weeks that I didn't even think about dieting or exercising. Now that we are good in the milk department and I'm tired of having like 4 shirts and 1 pair of pants that fit, I've been trying so. very. hard. to get back in shape. I started running in January after we got back from our New Years Eve Beach Trip. It was sooooo cold running at night when Ryan got home, but its the only time I could do it. Now that it is nice outside, I go for walks and runs with the twins a mile or two around our neighborhood. I still haven't taken the dieting into high gear...there is no time to fix good, healthy food! If I want to eat these days, it must be quick. :( Anyway, I'm 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight and 25 pounds from my pre-try-to-have-a-baby-hormone-shots and pills weight. :) (that stuff was brutal!)

Anyway, the month of May is bootcamp month. The dress zips, which is good...but I liken it to a can of biscuits when you pop the seam: busting out the top and sides :)Anyway, pray for me to stay focused, accountable to my goals and mentally positive. Oh yea, and for some pounds to disappear! :)


8 comments:

  1. Amen sister, amen! But you look wonderful no matter what the blue dress is telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally come join us at Body and Soul at the church! It's not terribly expensive, the childcare is great (and really cheap) and it's a fantastic workout! Call me if you want more info!
    ~Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, I was just thinking at church (I think it was Easter sunday when I was talking to you and Amber) how great you looked!! I've discovered it takes me a good solid year for my body to get back to (somewhat) normal after having a baby. You had TWINS and they are still so young... so in my opinion you are doing awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, Casey!!!! With Nathan and Natalie, the weight seemed to come off so much faster than this time around. Combine that with more weight gain and I'm still a good number of pounds away from where I want to be too! I've been really trying to watch what I'm eating (now that the kids are weaned) but its coming off REALLY slow. Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh haha, I guess our conversation really resonated with both of us huh? I do have to agree with Ash though...you do look fantastic but I understand we all have our own goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! I couldn't seem to lose those last 10 pounds until after I totally stopped nursing--it didn't matter what I ate or how much I exercised! Don't let the Devil get to you either. Thank the Lord often for the reason you gained the weight--you now have 2 precious babies! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casey,
    I follow your blog but never post comments but I thought this one deserved a comment!
    Really? Not even considering what your body has been through...you look great! And that is coming from someone who hasn't seen you in awhile. Don't let that dress get you down!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop.it!! You look amazing and it's not just because I'm your family! Some things change and shift and "NEVER" get back to the way it was, but look at what all your body had to do to get those precious love blessings here. You can do it. May is nice, get out and enjoy the weather and go full blow. You.can.do.it! Now, when you're on a roll, will you take some off of me? ugh.... it only gets tougher with age.

    ReplyDelete