Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 6th Wedding Anniversary and boy have we packed alot in 6 years. I love my husband so much. I see more and more each day glimpses of just how perfect God set us up to be together. I'm so thankful Ryan opened his eyes (finally!) and saw the scrawny 9th grader who was so in love with him! haha All joking aside, God made my eyes only for Ryan Yates Little and he is the only fella I've ever wanted to be mine.

We had such a great time dating...it was a long time (5 years hello!) but we really enjoyed it, had a great time, and learned just about everything we could about each other. We were so perplexed when people asked us what we had to adjust to when we got married...there were really no secrets or surprises that we learned once we were together 24/7! God blessed us so much with such an easy, fun, non-stressful marriage until we tried to have children and lost our first baby. That was an extremely tough 2 years that I can't even begin to put into words! I wont lie and say we "relied on each other and grew stronger each day" bla bla bla b/c if I'm being real with you...it was rough. We had some rough rough days and nights in the Little household during those 2 years. But God's grace is bigger, stronger, and more powerful than our selfishness, anger, sadness, disappointment and disbelief! He brought us through that tough time and due to some very hard lessons we learned...we are, in fact, stronger in our relationship with Christ first, then our relationship with each other in our marriage. Praise God!

We have enjoyed a very typical Anniversary-with-infants this year. Our fab friends Brandon and Marybeth came AGAIN and watched the kiddo's for us to go out to...yep Maggiano's AGAIN. You can't go wrong there people! We ate so much we didn't even have room for dessert or coffee. We were so tired so we just came home. How old. How boring. How typical now :) It was great to get out and reflect on all the Lord has brought us through the past 6 years.

And now...a trip down memory lane. (no comments on the very wide range of poundage both Ryan and I have flexed between! haha)

2005Our Wedding Day...best day ever!




Yes...this is when our Unity Candle wouldn't light....



On our Honeymoon to Fiji (totally awesome. Bula!)



Snuggle joins our family!



2006

We join our church and meet awesome friends!




2007

We buy a house and spend lots of time together fixing it up


We train and run a half marathon together



2008
Ryan learns how to be a nurse after my Knee surgery. HA! shouldn't you be helping me instead of taking pictures!?



We begin our annual trip to New York with our best buds: the Hudgins'


We go on an awesome Cruise!


2009

New York again! At Johns Pizza (Pizza Heaven)


We go to Peru on a Mission Trip with our Church



2010

New York again of course:)


We're going to have a baby! I mean babies!


Double our Fam in 6 amazing hours:


I love ya, babe! Looking forward to many more! Happy Anniversary!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! Loved the flashback through the years!!! Ya'll have accomplished so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two are an amazing couple and we are blessed to call you friends!

    ReplyDelete