Yikes. What a weekend. We are experiencing another first...both babies sick. Jenna has had some congestion on and off for weeks, but nothing to cause a trip to the Doctor or anything contatgious. Then, last Monday, Caden woke up with a cough. One thing led to another and Friday we had them at the Pediatrician where they were diagnosed with head colds. We are really trying to keep it at just that : colds! They are pitiful though. Our fabulous schedule we had developed is right out the door. Each night has become progressively worse leading up to last night where me and Ryan got up with one of them every hour. They tag-teamed us alternating when they would wake up and cry out b/c they were so congested. Somewhere around 4:30 am we realized we got more sleep when they were newborns !sheesh!
Anyway, pray for us. Pray for me. It breaks my heart trying to figure out how to hold and cuddle both of them...my prayers for a temporary set of 2nd arms has not been answered yet. hehe The Lord will sustain us. He has graciously allowed them to sleep for an hour...so far this morning! yea!
Until we are back to normal here, I will leave you with this "Twin Brain" moment to hold you. It proves our line between consciousness and REM sleep is devastatingly off. Enjoy :)
Setting: sometime in the middle of the night:
Ryan (in a slightly aggitated voice): Casey, what are you doing!?
Casey (sitting straight up in bed, pounding my right shoulder with my left hand): I'm burping Caden! (in a matter of fact, "duh" voice)
Ryan: No your not, He's not here, go back to bed! (and turns over and goes back to bed...does NOT help me wake up, just leaves me there burping myself.)
**The sad part of this story is that I was awake enough to know I was having that converstaion and felt me burping myself...but couldn't wake up enough to snap out of it.) oh, sleep deprivation...
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Casey, I'm so sorry. Welcome to the new adventure that occurs when twins are sick at the same time. I hate to tell you this, but in more cases than not, when one is sick, the other is sick too. Seems like when the colds hit, they hit both of them :( Just hang tight, and pray that God gives you the strength you need to care for them! And I'll be praying that they feel better real soon!
ReplyDeletepraying, praying, praying. Sorry about the sleepless nights but I couldn't help but laugh at your twin brain moment.
ReplyDeleteAnna-Kate has a head cold right now too! I can not imagine cuddling and nurturing two with colds! I will definitely be praying.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I laughed out loud!! Love the twin brain moment! (letting you know I enjoy stalking your blog :)
Dying!!!
ReplyDelete