The next question I get asked all of the time is "do they sleep in the same room?" Answer: YES! Our house is only so big and there was NO WAY I was giving up my guest room...we had someone helping us every night for 5 weeks! There is no way we would have come out of the first month with twins as cordial and sane as we did without our awesome help. We had grandma's, aunts and uncles, great aunts, cousins, and a special guest aunt: CAITLIN!
The second part of that question is: "Do they sleep in the same crib?" Again a big time YES. From the first day they were born, we were encouraged to put them together in their little hospital bin. We actually witnessed them calm down when they were snuggled up to each other! I guess after 9 months of being in a small area bumping into each other and hearing each other's heartbeat, it is quite comforting for them in this crazy, bright, loud world.
I snuggle them up together on pillows for naps and play time. For bedtime, they are in the same crib...they used to be lengthwise but now they are too big and hit and roll all over each other. Now they are width wise on each end of the crib. We will keep them this way until they can roll over then they will go to their own crib. That will be kind of a sad day! I love having them right there together.
At the hospital:
At Home:
Yes, co-sleeping twins is a MUST DO until they can roll over! My two loved snuggling with each other!!! Loved seeing all these sweet pictures!
ReplyDeleteYour babies are SOOOOOOOO cute!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear they're feeling better, nothing is worse than a cold!
~jenelle
Caitlin is such a trooper and great friend! :) And I love seeing these to precious ones snuggled together.
ReplyDelete