Monday, January 10, 2011

Trial Run for Uncle B and Aunt C



Over the Christmas Break, Uncle Brent (Ryan's Younger Brother) and Aunt Courtney spent the night with us one night to help us with the twins. All was going well and predictable until Ryan decided to go to bed early since Brent / Courtney could help me with feeding and getting the twins in bed. After some initial hesitation, Brent agreed to feed Caden his bottle...after all Caden is the easy one to feed remember? Courtney was ready to accept the challenge of spit-up Jenna. After 10 minutes of feeding, all chaos broke loose on poor unsuspecting Brent / Courtney. :) In a matter of 10 minutes all of the following occurred:

1- Caden is incredibly fussy and squirmy not wanting to finish his bottle.
2- I tell Brent to pick him up and maybe burp him !?
3- Caden proceeds to throw up...NOT spit up on Brent...all over Brent :)
4- I am laughing hysterically while Brent is sitting covered in throw up. I go to help Brent out and pick up Caden. He apparently was holding the best for mama.
5- Caden up-chucks all over me and I mean all over me :)
6- Over in the corner, Courtney says she thinks Jenna has a dirty diaper. I say she probably doesn't b/c Jenna has turned into a store-n-save...she only has a dirty diaper every 3 or 4 days.
7- Courtney re-adjusts Jenna and finds her hand covered in....poo! Jenna proceeds to have major intestinal blowout all over her outfit and on Courtney.

By now it is midnight and I'm getting the bathtub run for Caden...we salvage Jenna enough to give her a bath in the morning. What a trooper Uncle Brent and Aunt Courtney were! I told them if they could handle those 30 minutes...they are already a leg up for any future little " Littles " in their family.

Battle Wounds Documented:

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Love the "battle wounds" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes, I bet Uncle Brent & Aunt Courtney will never let Caden & Jenna forget that wonderful night ;)

    ReplyDelete