So I just got a mouthful crash course in Mommyhood. I'm here at the house by myself today with the twinsies until Ryan gets off work. And here is how it has gone so far (ha!):
Preface : Jenna had an unusually fussy time last night and didn't sleep a wink ( or stop crying very long ) from 7 pm - 10:30 pm. Caden was hit with massive gas and reflux issues all of a sudden. Bless his heart, was in torment all night b/c of his tummy! He didn't finish any of his bottles last night and if you have seen my son take a bottle, you KNOW this is unusual!
6:00 am - after his feeding, Caden is spitting up and choking on his milk, pooping and filling his diaper all at the same time. He can't get any relief no matter what we try. So from 6 am - 8 am I hold him straight up on the couch.
8:00 am - Both babies smell horrible from the events of the night. I attempt to give Jenna her bath in the big girl bathtub! She spits up all over me and in the tub as I put her in. I apparently didn't plug the tub right and our water runs out. Jenna does NOT like the cold empty baby bath tub. Go change her and dress her where she spits up on the outfit I just put on. Oh well, you have to wait now, its Brother's turn.
8: 30 am - Caden is not a fun of the bath tub. Period. Change him pretty uneventfully. Ahhh.
9:00 am - relief while Ryans' parents are here on their way out of town.
10:00 am - feed Jenna, Caden is s-c-r-e-a-m-i-n-g. I actually get J to burp so I put her down on the couch propped up beside me. Go get Caden and start feeding him only to look over and J has spit up most of what I just fed her ( or so it looked like). She's laying in spit up while I finish feeding Caden.
10:30 am - try to get a drink of OJ...just a drink babies, not even a full breakfast! Finish feeding C and go to change Jenna's outfit. Change her entire outfit, swaddle her up, put her in her bouncy seat and remember I didn't change her diaper which is very dirty. I see poo stains on the outfit I just took off...great that means its a messy one. She is already content and sleeping in the bouncy seat. ahhh
10:45 am - Change C only to have him spit up all down the changing table.
For right now, the eye of the storm has settled in. All is calm, babies are asleep. Aaahhh...
This is going to be a fun ride! :)
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:( Wow, you've got it going non-stop! Leiana was quite the spitter-upper as well, the pediatrician told me that even though it looks like she spit up everything I just fed her, she really wasn't. It's mostly saliva. So that's good.
ReplyDeleteIf you need any help, let me know. Leiana can entertain the babies by playing with all their toys or she can watch TV and I can be an extra pair of hands for ya if you need them. Call us anytime!
WOW - - very eventful. At least you'll have help tomorrow during thanksgiving! Hang on - I'll come and help you- you say when! I can hold a screaming baby...... Sounds like you've now been initiated into motherhood.
ReplyDeleteGirl! I'm exhausted just reading that!
ReplyDeleteBless your heart, Casey. I remember those days! Talk to your ped about their spitting up. It might be reflux. It normally hits when they begin taking a certain volume of milk... sounds like they might have it to me! Poor babies!
ReplyDelete