Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twin Brain

So I think I'm going to start a series called "Twin Brain" to remember some of the crazy things that happen as a result of having newborns, lack of sleep, no sense of time and lots of pee/poop/spit-up all over you. To date we have:

* Ryan renamed our son. One time he was holding him (I think Caden was crying), Ryan, in an attempt to soothe our son, looked down and called him "Kevin." !?? To Ryan's defense, he had been calling him "Evan" ( our nephew ) alot and he says that he was starting to say "Evan" and tried to stop it and it came out "Kevin." I'll let you decide if that is a viable story :) hehe love you Rhino.

* One night recently, I walked into the Bonus Room for the middle of the night feeding...Ryan had gone in the nursery and picked up a baby. I walked in and asked who he had so I knew which bottle to give him (Caden needs a different top on his bottle). Ryan paused and said he had no idea who he was holding.

* Another night ( I see a trend when these "happenings" occur, dont you?) Ryan woke me up and said someone was crying. He said there was a light on and one of the babies was crying. Ok, A) why did you wake me up? B) I got up, walked to the nursery where there was no light on and no crying babies. I walked back in and shared with Ryan how crazy he was.

* Just tonight, Jenna was crying fiercely. We were sitting on the couch downstairs when Ryan asked where her paci was. He started looking around. I looked at him like he was loco and pointed down....he was holding it and even playing with it. oh my....

* I asked my mom if New Year's Eve was on the same day each year. Yep...

* Last, for now, I can't tell you how many times I have woke up in bed, in the nursing position. When I wake up, I feel around for the baby and freak out when it is not there...I pat all around the bed thinking I have dropped the baby (even though we have never slept with the babies or laid the babies on the bed!). One time it took me getting out of bed and walking a few steps before I realized it was the middle of the night, I was not nursing, and no one was crying. Oh, sleep deprivation....

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Yep, twin brain:) It's a real thing!

    PS. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back tonight. Things got crazy around here. Maybe I'll aim for coming by when Jamie gets back. I'll text ya! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! In Ryan's defense on #3 - I still sometimes hear Leiana sobbing when she is, in fact, sound asleep and quiet. In the first 6 months especially, it was like I had her voice stuck perpetually in my ears and I sometimes had to walk into her room and just watch her sleep to prove to myself that the monitor wasn't malfunctioning and that she really wasn't crying!

    Thanks for the updates! Your birth story is just incredible! We need to come over sometime again and hang out with you and the babies (whenever you're feeling up to visitors, of course) :)

    ~Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny, you are never going to let Ryan live the whole "Kevin" thing down are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KEVIN! Hillarious...... can't believe I'm just now hearing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stories! Welcome to parenthood... sounds like sleep deprived status for sure! We've all been there.

    ReplyDelete