A couple of weeks behind already! oops! Week 12 was the last week in March...the weather was turning beautiful with warm days and short sleeves again! Thanks to a generous hand-me-down from our cousins, Jenna really does think she is 16 now with her Barbie smart car. She can whip it around just like a 16 yr old too let me tell you...forward and backwards.
We got a membership to the Life and Science Museum as a Christmas gift this year so we planned a big group day with some friends to teach us the ropes. It was so fun! No one was lost or stolen and we all came home and took 3 hour naps (mom included).
Easton is secure in his manhood enough to sport the Barbie 4 wheeler. We bought these for the twins for their 2 year old birthday - Jenna a Barbie, and Caden a Lighting McQueen. Well, of course Caden's has broken so the only one left for Easton to use is the bright pink Barbie car. Ryan turns the other way each time Easton comes rolling up the driveway on his pink pony.
This is real life, people! I caught them red-handed this time! They will press on until they have broken every last window pane in our home.
No one needs to tell this girl how to relax. Also, Jenna got in "polka dot sweater mode" this week and wore this sweater multiple days in a row.This week we had an interesting first. It was Easton's first time of prolonged, defiant disobedience. I mean defiant! He took a bookmark out of my Bible and threw it across the room. Every other time in his life so far, if I looked at him halfway sternly and asked him to go get it, he would do so like the big cuddly bear he is. This time? Defiant NO! Even went over and kicked it FURTHER one time. Oh no! Turns out Easton has been plagued with a rebellious heart from the fall, too! (I'm kidding that I did not know that already). Since it was a big first, I felt like I needed to deal with it pretty firmly. So after asking several times and several hand pops, he had dug his heels in. Time to bring out the big guns. So I took "Ci" away from him...aka his kryptonite. I put him up on the light in very clear, but unreachable view so Easton could remember his consequence. He could not get "Ci" until he picked up the bookmark and brought it to mommy. Oh his little brain was in turmoil! It was fascinating to watch actually. Maybe I was in survival mode too much with the twins at this age to notice them working through this kind of thing. Anyway, after a few minutes, Easton RAN to get that bookmark and brought it to me in the other room and asked for his "Ci" back. I made a big deal of his obedience and thanked him for getting the bookmark. Let's hope it made an impression and was not mistaken as a show of power.
I also started the dreaded winter-to-spring switch out. Big boy found these pjs and asked repeatedly to wear them. They are definitely one-n-done. Lighting McQueen was screamin'.





No comments:
Post a Comment