This year, Easter was in April ... hello, yet another reason to win "favorite month" this year. We had a trial run of our Easter outfits and oh man, super cute! I had no intention of getting the kids any new, coordinating outfits, but Jenna and Easton had outgrown what I was planning on them wearing. Then, I happened to walk by a store where these coordinating outfits were on super sale. So if I can buy everyone an outfit for less than a dress for myself, then yep - I'm all over it. Also, did anyone else read the article floating around about the tradition of the mom and daughter going out and buying a new Easter dress each year? It was really sweet I thought and the link she tied in to it. The tradition along with the representation of Christ making all things new the day he rose from the grave....new, fresh, beginning of the new covenant He made with us this side of Calvary. Anyway, I thought it was a sweet article and brought sweet memories to my mind. My mom always got me a new Easter dress each year growing up too.
In our house, Caden is the last one down from the table 99.999% of the time....all three meals. He is beyond challenging to parent at the table. I try to keep in mind it could be much, much worse. I'm ashamed that I have to remind myself as much as I do when we are walking with friends right now who are living the "much worse" part. Anyway, Jenna and Easton are down and playing in no time, most of the time, and this particular day this is how I found them. You would think these two are the twins the way they lined everything up exactly the same! ha
Just a funny snapshot of Caden who wore his slippers to bed.
We watched SO much basketball during the NCAA tournament. We all love it! The kids will sit and watch a basketball game like any Disney cartoon. Caden got the fever and transitioned from playing football every waking moment to basketball. I love seeing him in this element. There are many areas that Caden needs help the first few times to master, (or seemingly will never master = eating!!!) but sports? Nope. You do not have to teach him how to do anything hardly and he excels at it. I was asking Ryan the other day to make sure I was not exaggerating...but he absolutely puts up 100 shots AT LEAST...every day. If it is raining, he shoots inside; if he is waiting for lunch or dinner to be ready, he is shooting. If we are outside, shooting, shooting, shooting. When it is time to come in, he will not come in until he makes it. Always must end with a "win." I'm so proud to see that in him! I hope he sticks with it...if he does, we will be able to say he had it from the beginning!
Here he is sneaking in a few shots before Easter pics....
Easter Sunday at church....here are the boy cousins together...Caden being the clown as usual.
Just stop him somebody! I can hardly stand his precious smile. I really can hardly take my eyes away.
Happy Easter! The twins totally got "it" this year...we celebrate Easter because Jesus died...for our sins, on the cross, but he ROSE again on the 3rd day. They would sing their little songs and run around saying "Jesus is alive!"
Here is the Easter mantel - just in time for Easter. ha. I love doing my mantel. Trivial and silly to some, absolute therapy for me. It is my little area the kids can't touch, an area I can see every day that looks nice and complete. It just helps me breathe better, people. And p.s. if you procrastinate enough to the weekend before Easter, Target has all of their Easter stuff on super sale plus a cartwheel coupon. ha!
With the end of another month, I also stepped back to check on the "Great KC slim down" status. January was my addict drops (coffee, caffeine), February was my workout addition and March was changing the food I eat. It has been such hard work! I never dreamed I would struggle with feeling healthy and athletic the way my life has gone prior to having children. But I'm still in it. 5 lbs down and lots of change in the measurements. Far, FAR to go. I hate Target for having swimsuits out in February.






Ugh Target. Ditto. Who's ready for swimsuit season in February except teenage girls?!? I'm so happy for you and your "slim down" challenge. It is SUCH hard work. But so rewarding!!!
ReplyDelete