Monday, March 30, 2015

Us - Week 11

Oh friends, I don't have many pictures of week 11 ! Uh-oh, makes for a boring blog post, right? Right. So here is our recap if anyone cares to keep up with the Littles (aka my Dad who is my most regular blog-checker). :)

Caden had another foot appointment for his jacked up feet. He will continue having them every 6 months through childhood it sounds like. The doctor is not even trying to correct this toe joints right now. He said only if Caden sat out from activities because his toes/feet/ankles were bothering him would we operate right now. Since that is not the case, let them look gnarly! We adjusted his insert a little bit so hopefully it will continue to help. He is only waking at night with hurting legs about once every 7-10 days so that is a huge improvement!

We went to the TMOTT (Triangle Mothers of Twins and Triplets) consignment sale that weekend and didn't really even make a dent! Easton can wear all of Caden's clothes now, I bought Jenna some things from another friend, and we do not need one.more.contraption in our garage this summer so that left getting the boys some shoes since they wear the same size now and Caden some 4T stuff. I am willing that child to grow by refusing to put him in 2T shorts (which fit him perfectly).

We went to Gigi and Papa T's house for a few days last week because I (Casey) fell APART! Ryan was in Ohio and I somehow obliterated my neck and hip (trying to get healthy--aka loose all of this flab--is going to end up killing me). I could not move my neck at all, could not lift Easton and could not find one single way of standing, sitting or writhing that was comfortable. :) So I walked into my Chiro looking like a mummy and let them beat and pound on my neck until I could move it. That x-ray did not look pretty. ugh. And p.s. learning to sleep on your back is for the daawwwgs. Then my hip X-ray showed I have fractured it at some point in my life. Lovely! I will go ahead and schedule my hip replacement at 62 yrs old. I was already the youngest person in the Ortho waiting room by decades.
 Anyway, I'm moving better now, but it allowed for a slow week being taken care of by good ole Gigi and Papa T. (Side note: moms will always be moms. My mom told me to get the kids to throw our dirty clothes in trash bags and bring them with us so she could wash all of our clothes at her house). Bless her.

We attempted to go to the lake in my neighborhood and feed the ducks. It's a good thing no ducks came because Easton chowed down on most of the bread anyway :)

No ducks, no more bread, no problem. Throwing rocks in the pond will be enough for my two boys any day of the week. I'm trying to appreciate and soak in these days when making a big splash, the promise to watch a Thomas DVD and chocolate milk lights up their world.
**p.s. It took so long to post this week due to my agonizing, thorough, checking and rechecking of spelling. I have been called OUT by two young ladies at my laziness in "your and you are." :) haha. It is true and I totally own up to it. I sit down and throw words up, post and move on to the next thing. I will not own up to any punctuation rules right now. Spelling is enough. :) wink.

1 comment:

  1. For the record I check your blog very regularly and I am delighted to see a new post whether or not it has good spelling or grammar!

    ReplyDelete