Thursday, March 5, 2015

Us - week 8

Well, week 8 was our big snow event of the year. Well, kinda. When I put these pictures up here it was Wednesday, in between a smaller snow and a big snow. The small snow was fun - it was perfect fluffy, snow-cream type snow. The kids had a blast...again. Mommy dreaded clothing everyone...again. 





Ryan loves him a fire in the fireplace. Loves it. I'm turning from neutral to loving it too. So this was our view many nights that week...
One of my big snow week accomplishments was the finishing of the "L" wall. Or as someone who I will not name called it, "That is an "L" of a wall!" !!! It took a year of stockpiling L's I saw in the stores I liked until I found what I wanted. A lot of them were unfinished from Michaels that I spray painted or brush painted. It was a fun project to work on! Now, I have to go back and fill in the holes from all of the times I changed my mind. oops.
If you have been to our house, you know we have a koi pond. Last winter it froze, but only for a handful of days. This year, we had to turn the pump off because it was so cold so many consecutive days so the pond was frozen over for a solid 2 weeks. I am happy to report that even through frozen ice and no oxygen pumping into the pond, our fishes are alive. We had a confirmed sighting just this week!
I shared the next two pics with some friends. We are in some very strange season of destroying our window panes! I went to get dressed for church one Sunday and came back to a)find the toy room looking like this suddenly and b) discover the broken window pane. Really? How?
Then that very afternoon found this one hidden in the twins' closet. It has its own hashtag so you can follow the new developments. (Yes, that means there have been more.)
February was my month for one-on-ones with the twins so for Jenna's I took her to an afternoon with the Disney Princesses. It was SO ADORABLE. I will post more later, but I had a blast taking my princess to play with her princesses.
Second snow week accomplishment was the dress up cabinet! This baby used to hold me three speaker stereo system in high school. Oh yea. I got some contact paper from Lowes and Amazon and went to work. It is exact work and not for the Type A's in my life. But it works for me! It was laminate so I didn't want to put the work of prepping and priming and painting it. I cut my contact paper semi-straight and stuck it up...smoothed the air bubbles out and done. Now Jenna has a place for her dresses, drawers for accessories and Caden has a place for his hats and soldier armor and swords. And mommy is happy with a clean corner. ;)


1 comment:

  1. My only question is- did the snake survive the winter? *giggle*

    ReplyDelete