Monday, March 9, 2015

Us - Week 9

Week 9 was crazy! The end of the week was the "big snow" of the year. We had 6 inches at our house! While it was pretty snow, it took down a TON of limbs, two of our evergreens and seriously deformed several trees that are not pretty to look at now. yuck yuck. But we played and played and played....I treated it as the last hoorah. I'm not doing the snow clothes ritual anymore! 
We also lost power for about 8 hours. So Ryan got us a fire going and we had breakfast picnic style in front of the heat. The kids thought it was awesome. Yea for ignorance! haha
This snow was perfect snowman snow. It packed really well. It also hurt really bad when you were pelted with a snowball from it. My all-star athlete son NAILED me directly in the eye. Did not even see it coming to blink. I had my freakout then calmed down when I thought I could see light again. Anyway, a big puffy eye and 30 minutes later, I could open it again and all was well.
Jenna had to have her touch on our Snowman turned Snowprincess.
And THEN, that weekend Jenna went to her first dance. We got her all dolled up, did make up and curled her hair. I let her pick out her "high heels." Ryan is part of a group that seeks to train and equip men to lead their families in a godly way, using the direction given from the Bible. They had an outreach Daddy/Daughter dance that Ryan took Jenna to. It was ADORABLE. They had food, cotton candy, crafts for the daughters, and a picture station. They even signed a cute certificate saying they would commit to going on a date with their daughter once a month. Precious!
I am having LOTS of Easton time lately. The boy has turned into a rooster waking up at not-so-great times. Sometimes I embrace it and have fun with him, most others, I do not. I plop him in front of a Thomas movie and go back to sleep on the couch for a few minutes. Honesty alert!
And this was my month to take the twins out separately. When I asked Caden what he wanted to do for his special day, this was his response (not.even.kidding.): "I want to go to a park and have a picnic with you, mom. I want a peanut-butter-jelly sandwich, a granola bar and a cookie." For real. Heart became goo. If your daughters can get past the always wanting to play football/basketball/soccer and the whole "I don't like any food" thing....then he is a real catch, ladies! And don't look at the picture and think he eats fine.....it took him 1.5 hours to eat 4 of the nuggets, half the fruit and a handful of fries. (We went to CFA because there was still snow on the ground and it was 30 degrees....not picnic weather.)
And last but not least, this weeks #windowpain picture. In their little playhouse...OUTSIDE.


No comments:

Post a Comment