Wednesday, February 25, 2015

SnowFest '15

So good ole' North Carolina has "survived" two weeks, back to back of Winter "Storms". The resilience that has been shown...wow. ha! I do not like the snow anymore than I did before living through an Ohio winter, but I sure do laugh at what we Southerners lose our minds over. Yes, Ohio did not get ice, they just got an unhealthy amount of snow like every other day, so I will give that to the South. But come on, people. I totally understand why they make fun of us. Two weeks with only two snows storms is laughable up there. 

Alas, we ARE in NC now, (hallelujah!) so while the snow is here, we shall go play in the snow, not leave our house for 4 days straight and buy our cookie making supplies well in advance. The kids LOVED it...they have no idea what they missed living in the North for a winter. Jenna is fearless on the sled including threading the needle between two trees and into ditches, Easton will do whatever mommy is doing and Caden is our breakout star this year! He was the first to plop down and try out a hill. I am so proud! We had a lot of fun the first round of snow because it was mostly ice. We have some great hills all around us in the neighborhood so we parked at one until we were ready to move on to another thrill ride. We have the BEST little street in the neighborhood. As soon as one kid walked up and down the street, they were ALL out. They took turns taking my kids down the hills, pulling them in the sleds, making snowballs with them, just awesome. Ryan was in town for these two storms so he was able to come home early and take them out to sled and play too! Bonus for mom. 

Also, some of you know my Jenna girl has trouble walking on dry land. The girl fell 367 times outside on the snow - esp the ice event. I was DYING. This is my favorite video of SnowFest2015 to date. Jenna, bless her heart. This was our neighbors little driveway, not even the big guns we attacked later. Oh Jenna, Jenna. 


Last, some action shots of my 4 yr olds. We walked to a friends house in the neighborhood who had a pretty sizable hill that fed into a culdesac. They wanted to go down themselves, so we gave them a push! (This is where Jenna split two trees and did a jump into the ditch but all is well that ends well? ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment